Member Appreciation Thread

I’d like to thank the mk 9 boys for making a very boring period of convalescence very entertaining. You know who you are.

And @b264 for the secret.
@longhairedboy for making me spit my coffee/beer out multiple times

@onloop for the popcorn

@Eboosted for making my diy look production

So many people on here have helped in so many ways its impossible to thank them all individually so to all

I thankyou

11 Likes

I have way too many people to thank. Ever since getting into this hobby ive been helped by the giants as if I was a regular. to that I am very grateful.

I especially want to thank @Kug3lis for helping me on my most mentally challenging thing I have ever done with my esk8. figuring out how on earth to wire my lipos into a bms. That my man, is the single most helpful piece of advice I have received so far!

7 Likes

I’d like to thank @solideogloria for making the most entertaing enclosure thread in 2018 :popcorn:

11 Likes

And @b264 for making sure an apple is an apple and for being the forum’s grammar checker. @mmaner - can generosity become unhealthy ? @treenutter - I still regret not taking up on your generous offer of building a redemberboard for my first esk8-build :purple_heart: bringing balance, maturity and wisdom - a worthy leader @GrecoMan - a great personality - but you need the chat and the chat needs you @wafflejock - has any other member given as much real-time help as him? bring the chat back! @bigben - beautiful work on this side of the pond and thanks for the enclosure! @okp - still rockin you mount. TY! @Eboosted - beautiful work that has spread to lots of builds

13 Likes

@Martinsp - really helpful and expanding the EU market with his stuff @Deckoz - already mentioned, but here’s another mention @Mikenopolis - maybe it’s your cheeks? @banjaxxed - you and @Sender are the guys it’d be great to have a few beers with
I was gonna tag @AlexTech for stirring things up bringing some drama to the forum, but his name won’t pop up lol. @onloop for hosting this forum, writing those “howto” threads that I read over and over and by that getting me into the DIYing of esk8 and the list goes on

oops. HUGE EDIT; I forgot to mention the wizard. @JohnnyMeduse !! :smile: that focbox still works flawlessly!

12 Likes

@Eboosted Pretty sure it’s physically impossible for Alan to say anything bad about anyone, also builds the sexiest boards on the forum

@Namasaki Wouldn’t be suprised if your initials were BMS

When ever I wonder if a motor will be powerfull enough for me, I just think , “would @b264 be able to ride across town on this with 50 lbs of groceries in his hand?” And then I have my answer.

Thanks guys, the forum wouldn’t be nearly as good without your, and neither would my boards :+1:

9 Likes

I’d like to thank Benjamin Vedder, who should unequivocally be first in all of our lists, @Kug3lis (3D Servisas) for listening to what people want, Ilan Sabar (Metroboard), @longhairedboy (LHB) for the laughs, and @mmaner and @Jinra for just being super-helpful

And @SeanHacker @trancejunkiexxl @Sender @sk8l8r for just being awesome

Oh whoops some of those folks aren’t forum members. Nonetheless, they deserve appreciation just the same.

I never realized pollution-free living was not only very possible, but also ridiculously enjoyable.

21 Likes

Where to start? :smiley:

from the top of my mind

@Namasaki Is of an understanding spirit, and a very nice helpful guy I’m sure he’s a massive blessing to the people he’s around.

@b264 Is Basically, Basically, the esk8 guru. b264 has helped me countless times and inspired me to learn things beyond esk8 he’s very influential in a good way.

@Deckoz Where you gone man :cry: you’re our kickass safety gear wearing 13s building blue power-ranger.

@Kug3lis I may have annoyed him with my noobisum and other things (:joy:) but that didn’t stop him from basically doing his best to stop me from blowing things up and buying terrible parts.

@onloop I got into esk8 because of your videos then one thing led to another and i binged ur esk8 stuff So big thanks man and keep up the good work.

@hornet90 I would like to thank you for being Irish :joy:

@longhairedboy I think you’re like a crystal plated teddy bear your lovable, tough and on the inside you really care for people Now back to esk8 your builds are epic and your posts are good reading.

@okp Your esk8 content is like a fantasy caught on camera, And I love how you dealt with free board you could made a big brand name in some sort of french designer stuff.

@mmaner Always loved this guy unbiased, nice and helpful don’t know why he wasn’t made a mod sooner.

11 Likes

Have to say… don’t forget @Duffman the silent legend and brother of @Nowind

12 Likes

Also… I appreciate @thisguyhere who created the best thread of 2018 - - - - >

10 Likes

Nobody like the wizard anymore…

087CA640-BBA5-4E95-98C4-FAC233D58286

21 Likes

@JohnnyMeduse

you’re on my list!

still compiling!

9 Likes

I’d like to thank @JohnnyMeduse for being a cheerful, energetic advocate in esk8, and for being one of the very first people to offer VESC repairs!

10 Likes

@totalgeek9224 thx man! I‘m maybe not so experienced as others here but I already went through some rookie mistakes and i‘m not getting tiered from explaining things I can explain :sweat_smile: You know i‘m here to share my experience like a lot of other guys too. When ever you need help just let me know i‘ll see what I can do…

6 Likes

THANKS GUY, my life will probably less fufill without all of you.

10 Likes

I want to thank @Eboosted to answer to my first privat messages in this forum. With it he showed me that people here really want to help even if you are a newbie…and for sure thank you a lot that you saved (indirectly) my flat to get burned down :pray: Thank you also @rich for your detailed build threads. We have a kind of the same set up and it’s very helpful in a lot of ways! Thx also for your videos! That one today made my day! Thx to @okp for the best gt2b mod I can imagine😅 and your videos just make me to jump on my board and have a blast… Thx to @moon and @rey8801 to organize some group buys which saved me some money (ok actually you guys made me to spend money😅) but I really appreciate that you both took the time to organize all the stuff

16 Likes

And as I can mention only 10 users in one post here the add on… Special thx to @J0ker3366 @Skunk @Wraith @b264 @mmaner @dareno @Sender for helping me through boring working days!!!

10 Likes

Thanking

@sk8l8r @akhlut

6 Likes

Is like to thank everyone for putting up with my shit. Sorry not sorry. Oh and @blitz for just being blitz. You keep up the good work too.

7 Likes

I would like to add @Michaelinvegas for all the money saving group buys and gathering the BEST event this past weekend. Having been to so many group rides, a gathering of mostly DIYers is just awesome. I don’t think I want to ride with majority Boosted and Evolve groups any more.

Forever thank you to @BigBoyToys for the help with my early builds. To this day I search for his guidance in old posts. His passing has raised safety awareness that saved some potential injuries and death.

Also thank you @jlabs for affordable parts. And the best safety gear group buy that must’ve saved a few lives for sure.

14 Likes