Merrick M1 |Caliber II 44's| 1x 6374 190kV| 10s 5Ah Lipo| VESC-X| Nano-X| Clone 97mm| JuniorPotato 36T Gear by Genex| BLR Franken Rodder Deck

Nice build! Interesting deck that’s for sure :wink:

I had 2 problems setting this board up right before use.

1. Nano-x lost its bind and I couldnt get it to rebind by the youtube method of switching to the bind channel or by waiting with it on.

P1 Solution: was to wait for the caps to discharge fully by letting the RX and TX sit off for about a full minute, then repeat the autobind instructions.

1. BLDC tool wouldnt find the VESC X. I was opening BLDC tool, then plugging in VESC and it wouldn’t find it.

P2 Solution was that I needed to plug the vesc into the computer first with it on then open the BLDC tool. (Also the first data cable was power only so I switched cables to another that I know transfers data.)

I put the motor heel side and now I am having major wheel spin. So I will be moving the motor to toe side. I also have a problem with the gearing. I have major torque at low speeds and then at top speed the motor is barely working hard. It seems limited by erpm or something and it just stops pulling.

Regarding the motor postion swap: Wheel spin on toe side is still prevalent but it is easier to load the inside wheel up when accelerating than the outside.

Nano X Issue: Sometimes the nano x doesnt bind. I have to unscrew my container and wriggle the wire on the nano or move it bind and back to ch1 at least twice, before it binds,

Vesc Issue: The big issue is I am cruising at top speed, then the light in front of me turns red and sometimes when I go for the brakes, only like 10 percent of them are there and I end up blowing through the light. The braking force will stay minimal until 1) I release the brakes and re-engage them but i must be going at a low speed. At lower and mid speeds the brakes are strong.

There seems to be 2 stages of the brakes. Low speed and high speed brakes. At about 3-5mph a new firmer stage of brakes set in. I will be turning all brake settings down to see if the brakes engage consistently at top speed.