Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Routing on the module for those pins is needed because they (I guess @hexakopter ) use them for programming the nRF51 chip (refer to the silkscreen marks). But once connected to the VESC, it’s not use anymore. :wink:

Still, it’s smart from them to design it the most “plug-and-play” way. The counter side is that for some uses (like ADC), it’s a bit less convenient.

@rpasichnyk : this point should be explained in your FAQ/guide, shouldn’t it ?

@janpom

I hope that helps you a bit to decide. Speaking for myself I am happy with the PCB antenna without any dropouts, but I am not using a carbon enclosure and the phone is near to the module all the time.

Yes you can add the external antenna later with resoldering a very tiny cap to a different place. When you don’t have good solder experience I wouldn’t recommend doing that yourself. Yes it is possible to get the module without any antenna. Do you need the u.FL to IPEX connector already connected or without antenna and without connector? Please send a request to [email protected] about what you need especially.

@Pimousse We will update our FAQ/guide over time. Thanks for your suggestion. We will add that later.

1 Like

Hi guys, i want to use the metr-App with two FOCBOXES. Are there any issues known? Do i have to use two BT-modules or is it possible to send the Telemetrie datas over the Canbus At the Moment i have two Receivers in use for the throttle-signal (for redundancy) So i would use the Canbus only for Telemetrie-data, not for throttle-signal…does it work this way?

See few posts above.

2 Likes

Thanks…but does it also work if i have the throttle-signal from an Receiver for every Focbox and only the telemetrie-data over the canbus?

you mean if you’re running split ppm AND canbus?

Yes, i have two receivers…one per each Focbox.

As long as CAN is enabled, you can retrieve telemetry data through it, whatever the used app (PPM, ADC…). For mode switching, not sure.

1 Like

you only need 1 METR Pro module even if using can or split PPM. With CAN the values are automatically doubled, with split PPM you have to set the doubling in the config.

2 Likes

Thank you :wink: Does anyone know if mode switching does work properly with my configuration?

And do i need a special FW on the Focboxes to use the metr/perimetr-apps?

It works, if the metr app detects two VESC’s it will write the config to booth of them when switching modes

1 Like

Modes work with @Ackmaniac’s firmware, I don’t know about stock firmware. Yes, it will work with stock FocBox’s.

1 Like

Hello guys,

I need help and advice or tips or everything that can help me to fully record my rides! Plzzz

I can not record a single complete ride with metr.pro, what are your parameters side phone those who have an Android? I removed the battery saver, I activity the non-pumping battery restriction of the apps, I increased the standby time of my phone … The apps shut up like that from one moment to the next. Clearly, when I ride I look very often my phone to just avoid it removes my ride and yet, just like that, when I re-open my phone the app is no longer open!! Grrr, I have to re-click on it! And so it re-opens like the ride had never existed. Why does not she save at least everything that was first covered? And then it should automatically resume the record since I activated the autostart record mode? So that’s because the apps close itself, but why? Has anyone ever met with the problem?

I have the automatic update … But I have trouble since the metr module BT 1st generation. FW 3.40 (FSESC4.20) but I had the problem with my VESC6 too.

So I guess it my phone or the apps the issue, not the module disconnection? Or is that what would cause the spontaneous break of the apps?

Thanks for your help :pray:

Its most likely your phone. I had to uninstall, reboot and reinstall a couple of times to get it to behave correctly on my Pixel. On my Nexus 5 it runs perfectly. This is using the same module between the 2 phones.

1 Like

It works with the original VESC FW.

How we embed metr links with preview here in the forum?

Look at the thread dedicated to the app : https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/configuration-and-telemetry-for-vesc-ios-android/13483?u=pimousse This one is for Metr Pro module.

1 Like

when you upload a record from your phone, at least it does on mine, it automatically opens that web page in chrome. I just copy & paste the address.

Doesn’t work with me: https://metr.at/r/xI7ah

It worked for me…