Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I am little confused: the pin protected pairing thing can be done with an HM-10 also, no? Just need to set it up via AT commands. Also what does startup mode mean? Just have what you want as “startup” as your default in the VESC and then update to a different mode via for example @Ackmaniac’s App later while riding. Or am I missing something? Seems like nice hardware though and i like the dual vesc data - that is really helpful when you are using for example different kv motors in a dual setup.

2 Likes

This is awesome. Can’t wait to use it for my carvon build. I ordered one, thank you for this next great step in bluetooth vesc monitoring.

3 Likes

It’s very encouraging to see you all excited! A big thanks to everyone that already ordered a Metr Pro module so that we sold all our 22 modules that were already produced on our release data. Thats awesome! :grinning: I will add pictures of these modules below. We will deliver our best! I am working hard right now to produce some more so that all modules that are bought as of now will be shipped as soon as possible. Right after we finish support for 2.54 and 2.18 and test all use cases, we will start shipping. We will try to ship all the modules that have been ordered so far hopefully before Monday. First orders will be shipped first.

@mmaner @caustin @ElskerShadow @i2oadsweepei2 @Adam0311 we didn’t realize how many people are using 2.54 and 2.18, the support for those is being added as we speak. Dual Realtime Data, and Modes will be supported.

You can still monitor both of your VESCs with HM-10, but only one at a time using CAN ID in Settings

Yes Metr Pro works with Android 8 Oreo. Tested on Pixel 2 XL. The old module doesn’t get discovered on Oreo most of the times according to the forum members.

13 Likes

How is the physical size Vs. The old one ?

Awesome, I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this.

2 Likes

Slightly OT but how is it possible that nobody ported this ideal acceleration curve to newer firmware yet?

I assume it it @Ackmaniac 3.x but I wasn’t able to get it to work on my FocBox’s so I Just stayed at 2.54. I don’t have any complaints and dont know of any reason I need to change…

As you can see on https://metr.at/shop the dimension of the Metr Pro module is 42mm × 21mm × 9mm.

Thanks a lot. We do our best. :smiley:

2 Likes

Is it possible to use the Metr Pro in conjunction with the Firefly remote on a dual Focbox setup?

4 Likes

you just need 2 uart ports, so yes. 1 for the remote one for the module.

1 Like

It is in 3.x FW.

2 Likes

Excited to test these out!

Thank you!! I am picking one up regardless for my next rebuild. Is there any other options for antenna? Smaller, flat, just wire maybe?

1 Like

Ordered one… nw i dont need to deal with my enclosure everytime i tune my vesc… :+1:

2 Likes

We went with this antenna, because it was recommended by our nRF supplier and gives best results. But feel free to experiment. As you can see on the photos, there are 2 parts:

1. U.FL to RP-SMA extension cable
  2. 2.4GHz RP-SMA antenna

I recommend to keep the extension cable and try some small 2.4GHz RP-SMA antennas, like this one

https://www.amazon.com/bestseller2016-2-4Ghz-Antenna-Straight-Shipping/dp/B071ZVTCX6/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071ZVTCX6&pd_rd_r=T7C42BQE7TBJ6S927QEZ&pd_rd_w=DXWQC&pd_rd_wg=FDrrg&psc=1&refRID=T7C42BQE7TBJ6S927QEZ

6 Likes

Just got one! I decided not to get the one with the included antenna, and to instead try the PCB antenna. If it doesn’t work well I’ll get a mini antenna and short extension cable from amazon.

Thanks!

I was under the impression there isn’t bluetooth support for vesc-tool on windows? I don’t think QT has a compatible windows bluetooth library unless you run it as a UWP app.

1 Like

@Gdunn416 please be aware that modules with antenna and without antenna have 0R resistor soldered in a different position. But with a good soldering equipment it should be easy to resolder.

@Deodand Oh yes it does. The latest Qt version does support bluetooth low energy on Windows 10. You just need to build wip/win branch of qtconnectivity.git. After that VESC Tool works just fine. Btw, very excited to add FOCBOX Unity support to Metr Pro when it’s ready :+1:

2 Likes

mp4

mov

mp4

mov

mov

mov

win10vesctool

10 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it will work OK without the external antenna! Have you successfully tried it without?