Metr Pro UNITY bluetooth module

My tracking number isn’t even updating yet :frowning:

I checked your tracking number. It says it was handed over to the International Logistics Center on 08.06.2019. Packages shipped on the same day to the US are already there since a few days. So I guess it should be in Canada very soon. Hope you will receive it in the next days.

Installed it and it is working flawlessly so far. :+1:

3 Likes

Found one issue: I can not connect to the Unity app, it crashes or freezes and wont connect. It finds the module in the BT scan tho.

For the people not following both forums. The problem @McErono was talking about is fixed since some days.

https://forum./t/metr-pro-unity-bluetooth-module/1383/35

3 Likes

Yes firmware 4.7 is fine so far for me! :+1:

1 Like

I ordered one…trying to save money but these esk8 parts keep calling me maaan!!! they just keep calling…they never stop calling me maaaan!!!

2 Likes

This thing rocks!! Thank you!

1 Like

Any plans for Samsung smartwatch support (Tizen OS ) ??

1 Like

Hi, I need some help please. I have fitted my Metr Pro UNITY and updated the firmware to 4.9. When in real time mode it shows it is connected with the little green circle with a cross in it but it doesn’t show any real time data all the values here remain at 0 while revving the motors. The App shows no device connected under expert. The unit itself has a slowly flashing blue light and a rapidly flashing green light. Is there anything I can try to get this working? Thank You.

Rapidly flashing green light indicates that Metr Pro is unable to connect UART. This is strange. Try to power cycle UNITY

Hi, Thank you rpasichnyk. I have tried rebooting the Unity many times but always the same rapidly flashing light. Baud rate on the Unity is set to 115200. Metr settigns as bellow image

If the green light is flashing rapidly, doesn’t matter what settings are. Maybe you plugged it wrong? Do you have factory UNITY module? Does it work?

Hi Rpasichnyk, I have just swapped back to the Unity module and it works fine App connected straight way and shows input on the HUD when revving the motors. I tried the Metr Pro UNITY again and same rapidly flashing green light.

Please turn your board off, then run Metr app, power on your board and wait until green light flashes rapidly, go to Settings -> Show Logs and send to [email protected]

We will have a look at the logs, then we may try another firmware update, if it doesn’t help you will have to send the unit back for replacement.

1 Like

Thank you for you continued help I have sent the logs as requested.

2 Likes

Hi rpasichnyk. Just wondering if you received the logs I sent you and have anything further I can try?

Yes, please try this firmware. I recommend using USB cable and FOCBOX Tool. The only change I did to this firmware is change baud rate from 250k to 115200. It is not possible to change baud rate for internal BLE module via tool, since it’s hardcoded.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0pnwaB-qs0BrIiF6OQYkH00QA#UNITY_23_44_btuart115200

There is a problem with UNITY and 250k baud rate (with all BLE modules) which I will inform about soon.

2 Likes

Hi rpasichnyk, Sorry for the late reply I have been unwell. I have tried the firmware update with the FOCBOX tool but I am unable to change from the unity.bin file to the one you provided for me to download. Do you know how to do this as I can see how to change this unless you add it as a custom file under the custom file tab tab?

Hi Rpasichnyk, Further to having to use custom unity firmware to get this working I don’t understand why it would just be effecting me could you please explain why only I need this change?