Mighty dwarf, Tayto, 12s3p, Unity, dual 6355, Caliber II, MBS AT

This is my first actual DIY. My two other boards were pre-built that where then modified by me. I have a Landyacthz Evo and a Trampa Holypro 35 MTB. Both great boards but big and heavy.

So having gotten addicted to this hobby/means of commuting I convinced myself that I needed a smaller lighter board. The Tayto deck seemed to tick all the boxes for me (@JLabs) and having missed the EU group buy that was happening at the time (@bigben @moon) I asked if someone had changed his mind . Honestly I did not expect it but I got lucky (@Yecrtz )and ended up with a Tayto and @eboosted enclosure.

The battery was made by me and is a 12s3p with Samsung 30Q cells and a D140 charge only BMS. I chose 12s since both of my other boards run on 12s so no need to get another type of charger and complicate things.

20190416_192003

Unfortunately the serial connection cables made the pack too thick to fit in the enclosure without a thick gasket so I had to modify the pack to fit as I wanted to keep the board as slim as possible.

20190417_192248

The Unity was the last item to arrive (thanks @Indiangummy for his help. You rock dude.)

Initially I was planning to fix the battery, unity etc in the enclosure but space was limited and opening and closing it would be very difficult so I decided to fix them on the deck.

Bought some self adhesive velcro (yes the actual brand :grinning:) and went to town. I can’t even remember how many times I shortened the motor wires etc until everything fit nicely.

20190418_093900

The trucks are my old Caliber II 50 I had on my Evo as well as the motor mounts, sealed Maytech 6355 190kv motors and MBS AT 100mm wheels. Bushings are Riptide barrel krank (93a rear / 90a front) @Alphamail

Staying with the minimal theme I only put a charging port and a switch on the enclosure.

20190418_093933

The board is finally finished.

I have only taken it for a short ride so far but it seems very stable and is a powerhouse. Will report more when I have a few more km on it. Carrying it is a dream. I never thought I would be so happy mall grabbing a board :smirk: and the tail along with the short wheelbase makes it sooooo maneuverable.

26 Likes

Awesome build! Glad your enjoying the Tayto!

6 Likes

Glad I could help bring this puppy to life! Looks so sick!

3 Likes

No deck that competes with the spud can look a fraction as sexy as a Spud/Tayto with a single stack eboosted enclosure :heart_eyes:

It just looks so damn fine :+1:

3 Likes

Wow! Nice job! How much does it weight?

1 Like

8.7kg

10char

1 Like

How many KMs do you get with a full charge?

I have not tested it yet. The same wheels, motors and transmission would give me 50km on my Evo with a 12s5p battery. Now with pneumatic wheels I get 30km on it, so I intend on upgrading the battery to 12s8p.

So with a 12s3p I expect around 30km on the Tayto.

The difference between PU and pneumatic wheels is huge. The Tayto free rolls amazing with these wheels and tiny 9mm belts. It almost feels like a normal skateboard.

1 Like

What gear ratio did you get?

15/36

10char

1 Like

What size heatshrink did you use for the battery?

220mm
10jason

1 Like