Hi guys, I have been driving my Evolve Carbon GT with AT tires for over 5 months now as the daily driver with over 1000km of distance. Month ago I wanted to test the current of motor and stalled it after trying for some time it gave a little smoke after that I have randomly stalling motor on right side which is not fun when you ride a board at higher speeds so I finally decided to build my own better board based on Trampa mountainboard parts.
For mechanical parts I will use:
- 35° HOLYPRO TRAMPA Mountainboard Deck
- Vertigo Truck - 12mm Hollow Axles Red
- Superstar 8" wheels
- Rachet bindings
For drivetrain parts:
- APS 6384S Sensored Outrunner brushless motor 170KV 4000W
- Custom made CNC machined “direct drive” drivetrain (similar design to Nowind’s direct drive)
For electronic parts:
- The planned battery is to have 4 x 6S1P 22Ah 20C packs in 12S2P configuration (I love the distance)
- Custom build double VESC with support for over 200A constant current (Currently in development)
Later on, I plan to make myself all-in-one solution for BMS, ESC and MCU (for data logging, configuration and etc)
Yesterday I have ordered all the mechanical parts, now waiting for direct drive drivetrain to be built.