More $40-$55 Motors from Banggood (5045 200KV, 5060 280KV, 5065 200KV, 6368 280KV)

cool, is it ok if i PM you a few questions regarding the motors? You obviously know more than me haha…

I only got one 140kv 5065 motor. Have not tried it yet. if you have specific questions to these motors and not just motors in general you should ask them here in public.

Here is a link to my thread :slight_smile: I am basically trying to find out the differences it would have on the board, battery and speed readout! Any help is much appreciated.

Anything that would be different with using these motors!

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/motors-with-different-specs-to-the-standard-ones-for-my-evolve-bamboo-gt-question/15900

I check the manual and this cheap esc has brake function. Bad thing is that it does not have programming card. You have to count beeps to program the esc. I order one and will report back maybe in 2 weeks.

@Wilsonliang777

Ok, report back then when you receive… though you should consider that this ‘‘brake function’’ might mean it is on / off brake… and you would then need to seek other options how to make the brake softer… If this esc does have progressive brake then congrats… but will only see once you get it :slight_smile:

According to the manual. It has no brake, soft, med and hard brake setting. We will see in 2 weeks. It will be my cheap dual drive mountain board set up.

Ive ordered two of the 5065 200kv motors… Hope they are a good choice as dual drive…

1 Like

I received my motor yesterday but they sent me the wrong motor. I guess I will test Bang Good’s customer service too.

Which motor did they send to you?

They sent me a more expansive one. The BRH 6368 instead of the BRD6368. the BRH 6368 has a longer shift and sensored. The longer shift does. Not fit my built. They have not respond to my email yet. Maybe they are on Chinese new year break. Their website said they will respond to problems within 24 hours. It’s been almost 32 to 48 hours now.

1 Like

ah way too bad… bad customer support at its finest :slight_smile:

I actually thought that you should have been lucky… until I read that it does not fit your build!

Sensors would have been nice and personally I would not complain lol but in your case it got worse… not possible to use the motor at all lol

The shaft is just too long. I wish I could use the motor but I have to make other adjustments like getting longer belt and chain And drilling more holes on the motor mount. Frustrating when you have All the parts ready then You received the wrong order. It will take another 2 to 4 weeks of waiting to fix his problem.

Why don’t you cut the shaft and grind a flat on it for your grub screws? The BRH6368 is the same specs.

The ESC’s have a “Brake Setting”

1. Brake Setting ( For normal Aircraft) ♪— — — ••• — 3 Short + 1 Long No Brake ••• — — 3 Short + 2 Long Soft Brake* ••• — — — 3 Short + 3 Long Medium Brake ••• — — — — 3 Short + 4 Long Hard Brake

Let us know how this ESC works - Very Cheap!

Why would you need a different belt just because your shaft is longer?

I want to use this motor on a mountain board. The shaft is too long therefor it is touching the wheel. If I keep this motor I have to extend the motor mount outward and get a longer belt because the motor pulley and the wheel pulley further apart. Yes. I can also just cut the shaft. The shaft looks pretty hard. How easy is it to cut it her a hand saw? I never cut one before.

After 48 hours Banggood finally responded to my complaint. They requested pictures and I sent them pictures. The problem with oversea sellers are it take 4 to 5 days for one exchange of emails.

I have cut stepper motor shafts before with a angle grinder but you have to do it in small bursts and let it cool down so not to damage anything. Alternatively you could use a new hacksaw blade but I would put a small piece of plastic tube over the shaft or wrap tape around it so you don’t damage it if you slip, then clean up the edges with a file.

Good luck.

I received the esc and it work. The brake is in soft setting ion default. The bad part is programing it. Counting beep is comfusing and you Are never sure if your setting is saved or not. I only installed it and powered it on. I have not tested on the road yet. Hope I can do that tonight. But it looks promising for $25.

Update.

No. the esc would not work for electric skateboard because if lacks the neutral function. It will run the motor but if you let go of the trigger it will apply the brake. And the brake is pretty hard even on soft mode. I almost fell off my board going around 15mph because of the brake applying when I was trying to just cruise on neutral.

2 Likes

So where does this leave you now? Time for a VESC?

I wonder if anyone has reprogrammed one of these 125A or 200A Red-Brick ESCs with BLHeli?

Have you come up with a solution? I was really interested on how these motors perform…