This is my first time posting on this forum, but I’ve been reading posts for a while. I’m setting up the VESC for the first time and I keep getting the error “Bad detection result received” when I try to detect the motor. When I hit “start detection” the motor spins up to 24,000 ERPM stops accelerating and then jumps up to 45,000 ERPM momentarily before cutting off.
The motor spins fine using the arrow keys, however I cant get it to detect. I have tried varying the Current and Min ERPM to no avail (300-1200 ERPM & 1-6A current). The motor always spins fine but wont detect. I have also tried varying the Battery cutoff voltages and changing to a much shorter USB cable. There are currently no faults when I check the terminal
you’ve done most of what i’d do. I’d double check you have the belt/wheel disconnected if it might be part of the issue. I had one not detect when my belt was too tight, removed belt and detected fine.
I believe I can use soft limits on the controller side though. I chose such a high rpm combination because I wanted very high torque for climbing hills. From my calculations I should be able to do a 25% grade hill at 20 mph