Motor detection fails with VESC tool

Thing is if the slave one goes down it’s a shame but ok. But if the master goes down the slave also. So after many reads on the subject Y-splitter vs CANBus I chose a side !

Just make sure everything is exactly the same.

I will post here how everything goes .

So I have more issues with the remote controller this time.

When I plug and pair it then use the trigger nothing happen = no motor speed.

blue light stop to blink on the receiver when i switch the remote on but that all.

Do you have the Vesc set current or current no reverse or something like that?

Hello, So I’m not really sure of where it came from. I retried the procedure many time then when arrive to App Settings i just make next holding the trigger then it suddenly spin.

I’m gonna say that it is a bit too sensitive but it work.

The last problem remaining is about the speed of each motor. I have noticed that one goes faster than the other since there is 1-2 secondes difference when they stop. Also when I press the Trigger slowly one motor spin when the other one is slow.

I’ve check the VESC configuration but it’s excatly the same for both and I tried to swap the VESC also but nothing changed.

its strange cauz it always the same motor that is slow. I’m not sure if at the end they reach the same speed, I guess but it really bother me.

I also thought it could came from the receiver signal that was different but it doesn’t seem.

Is there a way on VESC Tool to watch both motor ERPM at the same time ?

Is traction control turned on because that would cause what you are seeing basically the master is lead and the slave is following.

Hello I use a spliter instead of CANBus so I have no master and slave.

But ok I’m gonna check that, do you know where this parameter is in vesc tool ?

under ppm tab

So yes traction control is OFF for each so it’s not that …

motor%201%20(slowest)Motor%202%20(fastest)

Here’s images from the vesc tool (taken at the same time on 2 pc connected to one VESC) whitout pushing the trigger. As you see at the very beginning value are already differents.

They are both at zero erpms the one is drawing slightly more mah and wh but that’s is really it. It could be that one motor has a slightly different kv it should be ok.

I confirm they are both the same 6355 190KV.

The only concerned I had was if this difference has a huge impact on the peformance. Cause when I push the trigger they seem to have small ERPM difference (between 500 and 1000). When I brake both stop at the same time. If I just stop pushing and let the wheel stop I see that one stop 2 sec after (so I have concluded it was faster).

That’s really weird. But if you say that’s not bad. ok.

When I meant KV I mean the actual kv it could have been made at a different factory than the other one and could have more or less winding when it was made which would effect the kv. It should not cause a issue. Are you testing it under your weight or just on the vesc tool

Are you testing it under your weight or just on the vesc tool

No not yet I haven’t finished the enclosure yet. I made the test without weight on the my work table.

It is not a true test yet as it will probably not even be something you notice.

Do you know where I can find a good anti-spark switch.

https://flipsky.net/collections/new-accessories/products/anti-spark-switch?variant=8291508092988

I bought this one but they lie it is incapble to handle more than 6S. It just fry

The one from Mboard is a *** too and fry exactly the same and he lie about his product putting his lable on product made by other.

Don’t where to find something good … and i can’t complete the all thing without it.

I loop a loop key as they pretty much never fail. They may not look pretty but it works.

Hey @briman05 I believe this is my issue to on why I am failing my motor detection. I flashed the right ack 3.1 firmware but did 4.8 instead of the 410, 411, 412 or whatever it is for the hardware. I can’t seem to figure out how to change this though… I can re-flash my focbox with the firmware again but it is still saying 48 for the hardware, any advice or direction you can give me on how to make sure it knows which hardware I have cause I’ve been trying everything and this seems to be the missing link and I just want to ride this new build so dam bad! LMK what I need to do if you could brotha… using Acks ESC tool with 3.1 hardware and have it correct on Focbox 1 so just need to do the same for FB 2 and can’t figure out how!!! FML

I think you need to reload the bootloader and then reflash it with the 410,411,412 If you search bootloader on here someone should have posted the link for it.