Motor Grinding Gears? VESCx Fault. Motor doesn't move, makes horrible sound

If your still no to sure take another picture as you did before of the connectors, but remove the electrical tape from one of the female bullet connectors so we can see how you soldered them. I’d also recommend you get some shrink tube.

This is how your bullet connectors should look.

2 Likes

So as you can see in the pictures, I’ve soldered on the female connectors on the side with the hole. I’ve double checked that I have plugged the motor connectors as far in as possible. There is some residual solder on the side of the connector and a small gap between the connector and the wire from the VESC. Perhaps I have used the wrong connectors, both are supposed to be 5.5mm? These are the ones I’ve ordered… https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-5.5mm-highefficiency-bullet-connector-3-tektt3055/p32318?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=order_complete&utm_cid=1239004&utm_content=%2Ftekin-5.5mm-highefficiency-bullet-connector-3-tektt3055%2Fp32318

Hard to tell, but your middle connection seems cold. Drop some flux where the wire meets the connector and reheat

Cold? Does the solder on the outside of the connector on the right interfere?

What @Blasto means by cold is that your solder joint for the middle connection is not solid enough, in lame mans terms. Also, the solder on the third connector is fine. Make sure to wrap those up in heat shrink so that you don’t short them afterwards.

So I’ve resoldered everything with the proper bullet connectors they are completely enclosed (they fit flush) as you can see in the image. I’ve switched the wires around and nothing works. Same issue. I don’t know what else to do…