Motor howling and not spinning

Sounds like the esc is needing to be upgraded to a unity or similar. Might as well do motors too.

1 Like

This is what happens if theyā€™re not crossed

Have you checked the motors on the side that works just one at a time to make sure that one of the motors isnā€™t bad

1 Like

Didnā€™t really get it :confused: You mean, does the motor spins by itself when itā€™s connected?

1 Like

I was just testing and realized that Iā€™ve plugged in the halls connector of inactive motor and the one connected to phase is spinning fine

Is it possible that the hall connector is damaged? (The wire) and because of that we have what we have?

1 Like

I fell asleep. Thats weird. Hook up the motors with no hall sensor. Just the 3 phase wires.

Blue/blue red/green black/yellow

Oh wow, seems to be working just fine!

So I suppose the hall sensor connectors are broken?

Most likely.

But hook the phase wires up like I said and put the sensor wires on and see what happens

Well is it still working?

Sorry, I was asleep! The last video is what happens if I do that

I blame the hall sensors, so I need to repair them and see what happens then

I wouldnā€™t even mess with trying to repair the halls. Iā€™d run it.

Iā€™ve enclosed my Losi XXX chassis in a prop as a drive-able robot using an Arduino for control. When I try to accelerate forward the motor just whines and the car doesnā€™t move unless I nudge it with my foot. Once itā€™s moving it drives just fine but Iā€™m having trouble diagnosing why it wonā€™t take off.

Someone suggested the weight of the enclosure on the car (4lbs maybe) and that I might need torque-ier gearing. I havenā€™t yet calibrated the ESC but thatā€™s the first thing Iā€™m doing when I get home from work.

Wondering what the motor whining means and what else I might think of to fix this?

1 Like

What esc are you running? Battery?

Mine? No, bearing seems fine

I got this solvedā€¦

1 Like