Apparently no one in europe wants a big ass motor… Emax 5345, in sk3/and enertion motor measure is a 6379, squad used these in a mtb build. anywho i have a week off of work soooo thought I would document some basic upgrades:
adding circlips flexy magic silicon wire better insulated wire entry
I have a heat gun, heatshrink, wire cutters, drill and dremel.
I have two of these beasts so maybe will be repeating the procedure…we will see how she turns out.
The start…motor unchanged
I pulled of the rubber wire insulation and undid the front and rear grub screws holding the axel in place…first marked where i wanted the circlip
with some light tapping the motor slid apart. number 2 in background for reference.
took out axel and fit it into my drill chuck to serve as a sort of lathe…used dremel tool spinning opposite and a steady hand…tough but doable…i recomend the lock cutting renforced disk instead of grinder plate…it is thinner and cuts better, also make sure the shit you grind off isnt spinning up into your face ( safety googles–i used swimming goggles) …im fitting the extra circlips that became irrelevant when i put a 15mm pully on my enertion motors
when you put the axel back in make sure to support the pully side bearing, otherwise the axel will pop it out as the magnets pull the strator dowm into the shell. you can adjust the precision of sizing by tapping the axel and adjusting its position with the outer (non pully side) grub screw which matches up with a ground down flat spot on the axel (~5mm of space to adjust)