Motor question :-)

Right guys I’ve decided to have a go at building my own now, sod it! If I got a 190kv motor with a 10s setup what sort of top speed would I get? Also I have just purchased a board that has caliber trucks where is the best place to get a bolt on motor mount? Looked on diy’s site and it doesn’t look like he has them unless I’ve missed them?

Thanks again

Ant

Here you go…

1 Like

Hi sorry what does it mean by efficiency?

how much of the power put in to the motor is converted from electrical to mechanical. for ease most people just put 70.

1 Like

check this thread for parts and where to get them. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-builder-list-of-known-and-commonly-used-parts/2983)

1 Like

As @delta_19 said…if you were not on the board and it was running, it would be running at 100% efficiency…but when you get on…your weight and the doughnut you ate this morning brings it down to 70% efficiency …

So the the lower speed number is what your max speed would be if you and your doughnut were on the board :doughnut:

1 Like

That being said…those numbers are in a perfect world … You are gonna be plus/minus a few mph depending … Of course slope, road surface and wind…you would be surprised how fast you can go on a slight slope with a tail wind…and you find yourself 10mph faster than your calculated speed

1 Like