Motor shaft and motor gear need help!

hello guys, so my board is 95% completed, just need the thermal tape for the batteries. I drive in side in my house perfectly, and when go outside and try to drive in a hill, my motor shaft slide inside the motor gear. This is the results. if you see the screw, one of the tree, can’t go more. and two of the three screws are worn at the tip, becouse the shaft and gearslide. IMG_1055 IMG_1050 IMG_1052 IMG_1049 IMG_1051

do you have some solution? I have a hand saw for metal, do you thing is the best solution, or I try make a little holes with the boring machine. My fear is to fuck the shaft and have to buy another.

Does the flat spot position matche one of your set screws position. Are you able to tighten your set screw so the tip of the set screw bites the flat spot? If not you should use a file or some other tool to and a flat spot on the shaft at a position where you can connect with the set screw. Your set screws are probably too short as well, try to find longer ones. I cannot see wether your pulley has the hole on the teeth or not, if it is not you could use a socket head screw which allows to apply more torque to the screw than those small set screws.

1 Like

collections/motor-pulleys/products/16t-htd5-12mm-motor-pulley

Get one of these pulleys and align one of the screws to hit the flat part of the shaft

1 Like

Get some loctite 680 image this is what you need man. put it on the shaft and inside the pulley and slide it on. If you want to still use the screws you can but they are not necessary if you leave it for 24 hours to cure completely.

3 Likes

What @dareno said. This is the stuff. Just be sure you get it in the right place. It can be removed by blasting the pulley with heat, not something you want to do every day though!

1 Like

its like a secret weapon

2 Likes

Yup, Loctite 680 is all I use. Screw grub screws.

2 Likes