Motor Size Recommendation 6365?

I have two TB 6355 and before I got the 218mm trucks, they were successfully crammed onto the normal TB caliber 2’s. TB claims that they are actually 6365 motors stuffed into a 6355 case, and while I have no idea if that is true or not, I don’t have a single issue with any hill. I haven’t found one I can’t go up yet.

Partially related, I pull around 30 battery amps from each vesc on hills. I’m about 150 Lbs

1 Like

There was a post (IDK where I saw it on esb) that showed that 6355 and 6364 motors have the same exact stator sizes. Magnets might be bigger, but not the stator.

1 Like

It was my understanding that all brushless motors are waterproof…is this not correct?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they are actually 6364 motors in a smaller can. They claim a 53 x 30mm stator which is the same size as most 6364 motors

1 Like

Well does this look waterproof to you? I mean sure the motor spinning and centrifugal force may throw water away but what if you stop splash in a puddle.

1 Like

Iv taken apart both 6355 and 6365 motors and the magnet strength is far greater on the 6365!

From what I’ve learned over the years in RC hobbies is that a brushless motor is waterproof just by design…but it’s not dust and dirt proof, with when mixed with water can destroy a motor.

And I know there is very little 100% pure water that will be sitting on the road to ride through but I won’t be using this for commuting, it will most likely just be a fun weekend rider or when I’m board at work go blast up the parking garage a few times!!

What 6365 motors have you used?

Yeah I was just told that by one of the experts on here" and it seems to make sense, as my Traxxas Slash can literally run in a pool underwater and survive.

1 Like

Exactly. But it will start to damage other things and require you to practice a bit more maintenance over and over throughout the motors life.

What type of slash do you have? I’ve been running what I call a “frankenslash” from all the crap I’ve had to replace on mine from eithe being stupid and breaking something or wanting to go faster!

1 Like

I think I’m going to just get the 6364 Turnigy motors from hobby king for now.

The only question I have is can those be ran on 12s? It says up to 10s but I read a big thread about how they can still be ran with 12s…not sure though!

These are the ones I’m going with. Anyone see anything wrong with this if i want to run 12s?

I don’t like sensorless motors… whats the point of have a vesc if you want jerky startup.

2 Likes

yea 1 problem…

those are not truly 64mm long. they will not fit in a dual config

1 Like

Guess it’s back to the TB motors!

Come on guys, why call it a 64 if it’s not a 64???

Guess the shaft is 64 but the cases are what sets it over?

its the end where it tapers off that makes it longer than 64

I just saw the total length is listed as 103mm.

Is that what I need to look at?

I have maytech 6365’s in my opinion some of the best out there or if you can’t wait just buy some of @longhairedboy’s “totally bitchin” motors off his website! https://longhairedboy.com/

1 Like