Motor Watt calculate issue

Hi guys

I built a e board with fvt120a ESC support 6s battery 6355 motor Battery undecided( ruin a lipo 6s 5200mah 25c) In lipo battery the max current is 125 amp so the Watt in 24v 24v120a=2880watt? If I build Samsung 25r 6s3p ,the max current is 75a So the Watt in 24v 24v75a=1800 watt My home to office has a uphill When I use the lipo battery is easy to uphill Is 6s3p can easy uphill or I need build 6s4p 6s5p for more Torque? Any suggestions?

how much amp is your motor capable of? it´s never a good idea to stress these specs to their max. because you won´t have long fun with your components this way. Always leave a bit room with your motor, esc and specially your batterys!

That is the most important question![quote=“TarzanHBK, post:2, topic:10230”] it´s never a good idea to stress these specs to their max. because you won´t have long fun with your components this way. Always leave a bit room with your motor, esc and specially your batterys! [/quote]

Thats right but you can set the motor max to the specs of the motor.

Why? Because you will hardly reach that point that the motor is pulling the max amp! So you will mostly have this breathing room :wink:

1 Like

Tarzan has good suggestions. I would also add an inline watt meter to measure your actual amps.

regardless of the Watts - it’s about the performance. I take almost all claimed watts and other performance measurements with a grain of salt (it’s marketing). Real world performance, and real world amp draw (or amp capacity/supply from your batteries) is the critical issue.

So measuring todays amp draw w/ a simple watt meter should help you design a li ion pack that is able to at least match performance!

here’s one i tried: https://www.amazon.com/Makerfire®-Precision-Power-Meter-Analyzer/dp/B00ORGDQOK

HTH - GL!

You can put as many amps in ur motor as u want till it gets as hot as the magnet’s max temp after that it can make it a weaker motor. watts is volts x amps.

1 Like

Hey guys u guys seem good to it I have a question here Let say 10S3P capable of delivering 2960 watts of peak power. and Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor have a max power of 2700 watt

With this build cause the motor to break because of the higher watt supply or will it work just fine ?

you can use a battery able to deliver 70000W on an motor which is capable of 400W, your VESC is doing a limitation of power when you set it up correctly