Motor whines, can I please get help?

Yea take a look at the magnets see if any are broken and look for scratch marks it’s possible it was a.small rock that got in too

I see small broken metal pieces on the magnets like a broken staple

Take pics if you can, they are powerful magnets it’s possible you got some metal that got sucked in while the motor ran, I’d clean it up best possible and slide the bell back on with out catching your fingers and try rotating to see if the sound went away.

1 Like

20180830_18044520180830_18050220180830_180510

1 Like

Damn idk what it is, I really dont. Cleaned the inside and everything else looks fine. The second I connect it it still does that

1 Like

Stick a single layer of normal tape all around the stator. Wherever it’s rubbing you’ll be able to see it marked up.

If you’ve got one marked up spot on the stator then there’s some abnormality on the stator.

If there’s a ring marked around the stator, then the Bell has something on the inside at that location.

Check your bearings as well.

1 Like

Just put the tape around and connected it but nothing rubbing on the tape. Bearings seem fine, are they loctite in the motor?

Is there anything on the back of back of the stator? Checked both the front and the rear bearings?

Here’s an admittedly possibly dumb idea… Try switching the two cans. If the other can (currently on the other motor) rubs on the busted motors stator, then you know the issue is with the stator or some other part there. If it doesn’t rub, then you know the issue is with the can. Process of elimination :man_shrugging:

EDIT: don’t lose track of which one is which, you will want to put them back on their original motors.

Screenshot_20180830-220821

Also, what is this?

Ah yeah, if I cant solve the problem, I guess I can always just get Torqueboard motors and install those? Sorry I’m trying to learn everything now, I’ve mostly just been a love to ride em

The best thing you can do is tinker. Never stop trying to figure problems out and you will gain much deeper knowledge of how this stuff works.

2 Likes

That’s on all the magnets, looks like rubbing marks but no actual like feeling I can feel on them or the stator

Have you managed to clean the magnets? Sometimes my motors accumulate so much debris that everything start to scrape Best thing I’ve found to remove the metal particles is high pressure water, the mains pressure is pretty high here so that works, you could try a pressure wash at distance to not damage the magnets

It’s just such an expensive hobby, I’ve put thousands into it all!

I used a dry toothbrush and did my best to clean the inside :+1:t2:

You think it’s bad if I continue riding the board though? Theres nothing bad happening when I’m riding, just the noise

Just watched the video, if nothing is scraping it can only be a bearing

I tried getting em out but couldnt

I couldn’t get them out