Motormounts for Trampa MTB, E-Toxx Dual Direct Drive

great price thanks be talking again soon for the direct drive.ill send my hanger to you just before i make the order from you in the near future. cheers for the reply and updated pictures.

Hi Jens,

I would like to buy your direct drive kit for trampa board. I tried to email you 2 or 3 times but no answer, just send another now, please check :slight_smile:

Regards

Hi. Are you from France? Cant imagine that i missed 3 Mails?!? Do you send to [email protected] ? Normaly i reply within 24h Cheers

Mini Direct Drive on Ultimate Carve Trucks

Cheers to France :wink:

16 Likes

ā€¦ would it also fit on regular MBS wheels ?

No only Superstar Hub

Whatā€™s the lead time on purchasing this? (Shipping to US)

Emailed you, still waiting to hear back!

Ditto that ā€“ I PMā€™ed you too. 1:4 Urban Carver 2wd ā€“ lead time to US from day of payment?

Iā€™m still on my holidaysā€¦ time for production normaly about 2 weeks after paymentā€¦ but i guess after my holiday a bit more ā€¦

wowwwww desireeee too strongggggg.

Ohh nice but straight teeth are very noisy but angled gear ensures better and silent torque transmission - bronze material (CuSn 6) Gear oil for lubrication

I also have something similar in the plan, nice work

1 Like

We discussed this helical gears stuff here in this tread :

Nice but pricey

Iā€™m planning out a build and the direct drive mounts piqued my interest, but I was wondering if you could elaborate on how they compare/contrast to belt/chain setups (beyond sound and likely being more efficient overall, Iā€™m not sure how the rides differ, etc)ā€¦ and what situations youā€™d recommend belt over direct drive (if any).

IE: Iā€™m overweight, so Iā€™m wondering if belts might be less taxing on everything since thereā€™s inherently more slip involved, etc, under max load scenarios. IE: better to go through a belt than break something more $$. When I try to search myself, Iā€™m getting dominated with belt vs hub results.

Also, I see there is a 5:1 MTB setup and a 4:1 carver setupā€¦ are the motorspears interchangable (or are there any other gears available to play with the ratio?)

Iā€™d also be interested in which setup youā€™d suggest for a tampa MTB (likely trampa, at this point) AT commuter for a 140kg rider (IE: 15 miles each way, mostly paved trails+street along with some bumpy areas/transitions (poor quality roads/gravel/dirt/grassā€¦ but mostly decent pavement).

Chain Dirt resitance but not strong enough Belt strong and smooth but dont like dirt Direct strong and dirtresistent. Low Drag. Louder.

I got actually not ONE shreddet Gearā€¦ they will come for sure but it seems to be really really strong.

Maybe if you go only with good and dry weather you could think about the beltā€¦ but i would only if you really looking for the silence

I would choose mtb with pneumaticsā€¦ maybe bigger motors could be nice if you plan to go really crazy ā€¦ i check for clearence for another big dude actuallyā€¦

1:5 gearing with the bigger MTB Gearboxā€¦ no other gearings possibleā€¦

I would calculate with 30wh/km for needet battery size

Regards Jenso

1 Like

Chain Dirt resitance but not strong enough

Why not? do they snap? why not use #25 or #35 chain? They are very strong.

"#25 is like ISO-05 as i mentioned earlier for some people it worked out others notā€¦ driving style/wheight/maintenace many possible factorsā€¦ Roxxy / Max6 and my driving style let bent/snap them ā€¦

I c thanks

Great, thanks for the info.

I donā€™t mind a bit more noiseā€¦ I liked the sound in the videos I could find and it didnā€™t sound too loud (can be hard to tell on video, though), but any other comparisons / dB estimates might help.

It sounds like the dual direct drive would be the best fit for meā€¦ which is the one I wanted the most anyway :slight_smile:. I am planning on going w/ pneumaticsā€¦ how is the fit/clearance on 7" superstar tires? 6"?

ā€¦and this is less drive specific, but thought Iā€™d ask: any guidance on what efficiency I should use when calculating for speed (accounting for all of my 140kg :))? Iā€™m tenatively planning on going w/ dual 6364 or 6374 motors on 7" wheels w/ VESC 6s on 12s(5p-8p of 30Q cells) (with as much torque as possible, while still able to easily cruise at 35km/h+)ā€¦ 170kv? 190kv? ā€¦would it be worth considering the full MTB ultimate trucks + mini direct drive + 130-150kv motors (more efficient?) over vertigo+regular drive+170-190kv? Is the mini as strong as the regular version, etc?

Lastlyā€¦is that 60ā‚¬ for a single motorspur replacement?

Thanks again!

1 Like

If you put road tires/wheels on a motocross bike (make it a supermotard), the extra traction (cause you are not on dirt and now with more rubber) destroys the drive train. You need a to also use a cush drive hub, there are several design models but something like this might be a place to start if you want to replicate what is done on a motorcycle.

Cush is short for cushion, and uses rubber mounted fastenersā€¦

I think it is possible that Jensoā€™s POM gear in his direct drive could be fulfilling this function? Very clever.

If you wanna go with 7 or 6 Inch choose the mini driveā€¦ downside is that it has no support bearing inside the spurgearā€¦ the box/sealment of the mini drive is lighter so less HD as the full size oneā€¦ just build it lighter because its more for street and light offroadā€¦ but a crazy friend of mine running this mini drive with fullsize vertigo on his MTB basher boardā€¦ for month jumping and burnouts with torque max6 escā€¦

Long story short go with fullzize gearbox if you go with 8inchā€¦ for less wheelsize choose mini direct drive

60ā‚¬ for single Motorspur ? NO 25ā‚¬ single standart 8mm motorspur 65ā‚¬ single wheelspur Without VAT

I would go maybe for around 150 to 170 kv on 12s with 8inch and fullsize gearboxā€¦

On 12s 200kv i got 65kmh calculated without lossesā€¦ stopping acceleration on about 53kmh because it starts to scare the shit out of meā€¦

Okay with 35kmh cruising speed you prefer ā€¦ go with 150 for about 45km vmax imo

Is it hot where you live? Do you wanna ride real hard? Maybe again look at 80mmā€¦ hope on weekend i got some pics if it would be possible

Cheers

1 Like