Motors/VESC screeching

I have a Dual FSESC4.20 with a pair of 6354 180Kv motors running an up to date firmware.

There’s a horrible screeching sound and lack of power when the board is under load. Flipped on its deck with the wheels up, the motor in question is easy to identify. Not sure how to determine the issue though. Take a look at the video, any and all help is very greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Just guessing here but it sounds like an intermittent connection in one motor. If you swap the left and right motor phase wires and the problem manifests in the opposite motor then its an issue with the speed controller. I suspect the problem is one of the motor phase wires has developed a short.

1 Like

Check the motor phase wires. Usually that’s the cause.

1 Like

@kavic5150 @LeonCamero

I’ll give that a shot when I get home from work tonight, thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Update: all motor wires are confirmed to be tight in their connectors. I took the motors off, swapped sides, and now both motors are having the issues. I’m stumped. I’m going to ohm out each motor to see if there is anything I can detect that way. Will be back for updates… wish there was a way to test the VESC.

2 Likes

You can test it by having another motor and seeing if the issue persists. But its better to change the esc.

2 Likes

How about you go get some bitches …

1 Like