Mountain Board | MBS Comp 95 | Matrix II trucks | Dual SK8 6374-149KV | ?Mount | 8-12S | Dual FOCBOX

This one looks to be under $200:

https://buildkitboards.com/products/6374-190kv-motor, though would choose in between 149-170kv. Or MTO6374-170-HA-C

Only difference is stator size, where sk8 is something along 598x and the above mentioned closer to true 6374. Bearings are most likely to be different, but I donā€™t know whatā€™s inside of the sk8. All are (semi) sealed keeping the dirt and stones out.

You would gain a bit of performance choosing the alternatives to the sk8, but for me personally the sk8 would deliver enough power at a total weight of 130kg including equipment. I donā€™t ride flats either.

You can go stupid power by going 6384. Alien power system sells these, though they are all maytech rebrands.

1 Like

Opensource? You mean like these? After I test I will likely share themā€¦ but itā€™s plastic so durability and reliability are questionableā€¦ Again need to ride to know, waiting for my deck to finish the build.

1 Like

Wow, cool! Iā€™m in the process of finishing my 3d printer, so eventually stuff like this would be an option. Thanks for sharing your idea, iā€™m interested to see how well it holds up!