Mounting 3D printed pulleys to the motor drive shaft?

@TheFluffiest motor mount i did exactly the way you said, bolts run through entire mount. used “High Temp Carbon Fiber PLA” @100% infill.

i should have paused a bit longer before the reply to motor shaft as my build is a bit unconventional.

i can send or post my build with pics/vids .scad files or .stl files. (when i find 'em all & present properly)

have a video on youtube can try and view setup (video was when i was testing 3D printed belts, which i still use).

@Achmed20 just took a quick view earlier just now saw the nut void when looked again in thingview. not surprised about slippage with amount of torque coming from experience in 3D printer couplings with same issue. is why i went with the prop adapter(<=== ZERO slippage).

1 Like

That does look quite unconventional, I’m very intrigued as to what is going on! If you are willing, please post it! I’m sure it can help someone in the future too. I tried the nut-in-void (TWSS) thing but same problem; too much torque.

3D printed belts? Still using?

Must see. more details pls !

I haven’t tried machining on the shaft yet. I am waiting on my motor but I will need to do some work on it. I assume they are hard steel. I would maybe suggest filing down a very nice full flat maybe a third way down the diameter of the shaft. The flat would need to be as far down the length of the shaft that your pulley rides. Then print your pulley with a flat on it. Try not to have any void between the pulley and the shaft, it should be a perfect match.

Maybe another idea would be to drill all the way through the shaft and allow the set screw to act as a pin. Perhaps you could tap the shaft to match your set screw.

edit: somehow I missed many of the replies above…same answers