Mounting an enclosure?

@torqueboards Please show us a picture of the enclosure.

This is one I have for sale: http://m.ebay.com/itm/171886650206?sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext&ext=32575&exe=12808&euid=1746e17a47e54082b466eb8a6dd7db58&_mwBanner=1

I will get this. Will it work with the concave? I assume so since you said that abs could bend slightly.

Did you put the batteries outside of that enclosure?

The batteries are inside the enclosure. I have an esc, torques switch, and 2 4s 8000Mah batteries in there. You can unscrew the cover to recharge or do what I did and set up charge leads that run out side the cover for charging.

Would there be a splitter for the charge lead?

And yes it will work with your concave.

Are you running your batteries in series? Buy an adapter, also get a 2 3s to 6s balance wire adapter.

You’ll have to solder charge leads to the adapter.

Ok, I will put the batteries in and drill holes for the series adapter to come out of so I can easily just connect my charge lead. I will get that adapter aswell later on when I do another hobbyking order. For now I will just have them coming out and charge seperately. They will be connected to voltage monitors aswell.

What else are you putting in the enclosure? Anything?

Esc, Torqueboards on/off switch.

Cool. Everything will fit.

The thread has useful info, it will remain open.

@lox897 next time you want to have a back & forth conversation with a single person about something the rest of us don’t need to read about I suggest a direct PM to that person.

In general public threads & replying to them are for questions, answers & discussion that benefit the public… it is not a platform to ask multiple questions about a buying decision you can’t decide whether you will or will not make. That’s between you & the vendor.

I got my enclosures with the flanges from polycase.com (http://www.polycase.com/dc-47F & http://www.polycase.com/dc-46F). I have the batteries and the esc/reciever in separate enclosures. I used regular nuts and bolts to mount them. I found that the batteries were too heavy to the point were they would rip off the cover while riding, so I had to modify the battery enclosure to accommodate velcro straps.

1 Like

Post pics of your setup. i’d like to see it.

I have made all of my enclosures from carbon fibre. I started off custom molding separate ESC and battery compartments, but then I just went to one big box to house them all. It turns out neater looking even if it is more bulky.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you @lowguido one single box is much easier & offers a nicer finish overall… it definitely means you can’t have a flex deck though!

@longhairedboy The velcro straps are way too long, so I just stuffed the excess underneath the enclosure. You can’t even notice it. With the velcro straps, the cover won’t fit with these turnigy 7.2 ah hardcase batteries.

That’s going to look pretty good once its all together. You could get some of that black plastic conduit to wrap the wires up between the boxes and you’ll have a pretty durable rig. Do those boxes seal pretty tight? This looks like it would be splash/mud proof which is always a bonus.