Mounting your Enclosure

then you gotta redo your grip every time you remove enclosure

4 Likes

Why the insers go in one time you don’t need to drill the deck Everytime you remove your enclosure.

Are you talking about drilling through the deck and using inserts? When you said lay grip tape on top, I assumed you meant over bolts going through the deck.

Yeah drilling through and using inserts, I have another deck I drilled all the way through and used skate hardware it really doesn’t look bad but my next build I have inserts on the way.

Why would you drill through the deck and use inserts that would look like shit and not make sense. You would have holes in your head and get dirt and everything in the insert and probably cause the bolt to seize in the inssert

No there would be grip tape covering the hole so nothing would get in.

Seems like an added step that you dont need

How is it an added step there are actually less steps involved. You don’t need to use a spacer or socket to drill the holes you can mount your enclosure and drill right through the deck and enclosure to get perfect mounting points.

I have not gripped my deck yet I will do it after I install the inserts. @briman05

If you go with no inserts it is less steps but if you drill through the deck then put the insert in you would have a bunch of small 10mm holes all over the deck.

But you won’t see them and I am using inserts. I still don’t see how using extra tools and moving the enclosure several times while measuring and drilling twice is less steps than place the enclosure tape it down and drill all the way through.

Like I said it isnt less steps if you are not using the inserts. Doing it with inserts like @psychotiller states here makes lit look clean and professional. If you have holes through your deck and no bolt going all the way through you will have a gap and you will end up showing the outline of the hole as it gets pushed into the holes over time. atleast if you are going to drill through the deck and use inserts cover the other end with a mixture of sawdust and wood glue or epoxy.

even if you don’t use inserts. Don’t be lazy! I mention the steps because that is how you are going to get your enclosure straight. Also, it’s how your are going to get your enclosure to conform to the shape of a concave deck. I get 5 messages a day from people telling me my enclosure doesn’t fit on their deck. Because “their” evo is different than the 100 I’ve installed enclosures on right? WRONG.

They just drilled a bunch of holes all willy nilly and assumed they would get the same results I get, but instead ended up with a build that looks like shit.

You get out, what you put in.

9 Likes

Oh I agree im not trying to do short cuts it’s just the way I’ve always done it and I never had an issue I just recently installed an enclosure on my arbor board and it came out bad ass I just used regular skate hardware.

20180731_121331

But my Evo I’ll be using inserts and these screws and washers 20180717_201547

You lucked out, because that deck is fairly flat. But there’s no way you are going to use 6 screws (or inserts) to put an enclosure down clean on an evo deck.

Take your time and do it right.

3 Likes

You are going to want to use more then 6 I would say 2 on each corner and 2-3 down the sides

1 Like

I’ve had a similar enclosure on my Evo now I have an eboosted I plan on at least 5 screws each side.

@psychotiller I somehow missed this post before I made a mess of my mounting I will be using this exact method next time!

I started out planning on buying the same style as you used but dumbass here bought the other type and followed the same install procedure

Yesss after a month my deck inserts finally came in, I went a little over kill and went with a M5 set up instead of the more common M4 I just wanted to over do it. I also purchased varous length screws cause I wasn’t sure what length I’ll need but I think it’s gonna come out sweet.

20180802_21094220180802_210911

2 Likes

Nice! Where did you order from @Battosaii?