MOV-E Integrated Decks Group Buy

Signed up! Hopefully we get a few more people to jump on this :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Why did you change from maple to birch and oak?

2 Likes

Cant remember if I filled this out or not, can you please check?

2 Likes

Yes you did :slight_smile:

@briman05 Maple was in plan just at the beginning when I thought I will make it just by milling. Than I did some research and tests and best combo in my opinion is birch and oak. Deck is super strong and light. Those materials are widely available for me (I have 2 or 3 backup suppliers) and I can source them with high quality and ok prices. I have a lot of different veneers and it’s very interesting how different they can behave. It’s almost like different carbon cloths with different thickness and weave of fibers. This deck is a wood composite with core and outer layers :wink:

4 Likes

At this point in the group buy, what kind of rough timeline are we looking at?

1 Like

@landonkun I’ll start collect money in couple of days and from the time that payments are done about 3 weeks to start shipping.

I want to ask you all about something. I think I found a good way to seal top cover and still make it easy to get inside. At the beginning I planed to just put grip tape on without any cut for lid and that would seal everything. Of course that is perfect scenario when your build is so good that you don’t need to look inside. Reality is that we, builders will always tweak something. Take a look at this and tell me what you think… IMG_20190126_165540_HHT IMG_20190126_165832 It’s a big velcro type material. Lid is cut and grip tape will be applied to velour with adhesive. This way we’ll be able to take off and put on any grip tape countless times and it will act like a seal for the lid. I have some samples of this material. Can’t test it as it’s -10C here but this is industrial stuff and I believe it will work perfect.

7 Likes

Took me a while to understand what you mean. Yeah, having griptape attach to the board via velcro is a good idea! Definitely needs testing though, as I could imagine that having a velcro layer between the griptape and board might decrease board-feel, since it could act like a layer of unwanted cushioning. I’d love to see how it comes out, but personally can’t see myself opening up the lid once the build with it is finished.

2 Likes

Filled in the from

2 Likes

Some pictures of my son build that I’m trying to finish. IMG_20190126_184657

Cable management… IMG_20190126_184803 IMG_20190126_184442

18 Likes

I would really like to see that in action :slight_smile: Do I get it right: The first picture shows it with regular griptape with a cut out lid and the second the velcro stuff? Today I printed my first MOV-E N.E.S.E 4s3p module slightly modified to fit the deck (slighty less than 140mm wide (incl. screws), 146,5mm long and 22mm high). Its a really tight fit but in the end I’ll have 2 Focboxes, remote receiver, metr pro and led driver in there plus a 12s3p battery :slight_smile: 15486228539711427353596546220418 (not finished yet)

3 Likes

I do not know why I didn’t see this thread earlier! This is the perfect board that I’m looking for! Signed up! :smiley:

3 Likes

I can imagine that the velcro does Not sit tight enough to make a good sealing. I think you will have air Flow between the velcro.

1 Like

More cooling for components :smirk:

1 Like

I have to test it. Water have surface tension that doesn’t allow to penetrate small gaps. Only place that water could get in is edge and gravity will pull water down not horizontal so i hope that even water splash won’t go through. I’m waiting for self adhesive velour and this board is going to have a shower :smiley:

3 Likes

Bump :yum: any news?

Hey all :wink: Tomorrow I’ll have shipping costs for you and I’ll send you emails with payment details. I have already ordered material (plywood, veneers, glue ect.) but will start production after receiving most of the payments. I’m aware that some of you are undecided so I won’t wait for all payments. I’m leaving the form open for few days and it will be closed by the end of the week. After production starts it’s going to be 3-4weeks for decks to be shipped.
Enormous thanks to all of you who support this project :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Just wanted to confirm whether or not emails have gone out yet, because I haven’t received anything yet. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

All emails send :wink: (just finished a minute ago )

5 Likes

Payed and excited :wink:

3 Likes

Just paid as well :slight_smile:

Since there has been a bit of discussion on this topic and it isn’t quite clear, what are the exact dimensions for the inside of the enclosure? (Width x Length x Height) Just wanted to know if 21700 cells would fit in a 10s4p, or if I should just go for a standard 18650 battery. Thanks!

1 Like