Muliti-battery Idea

A short question…are you able to hook up a 12S4P battery under the board like normal but also have another battery on top shaped more like a car battery. Are u able to connect the two for a longer range?

1 Like

Technically you could connect another 12s pack in parallel. It wouldnt even need to have the same number of cells in parallel either. But the cells would have to have the same capacity and ratings.

The problem you might run into is if the original 12s4p pack had lots of cycles on it and you paralleled it with a pack made from fresh cells. Over time those cells can lose capacity and possibly have a slightly higher internal resistance. Towards the end of your run the older cells would run out of steam faster than the newer ones and then you would have lots of current rushing into the older cells and dragging the whole pack down.

Is this 12s4p a new pack? Is it possible to remove the wrapper and add a few more parallel cell groups? Would save you the hassle of a parallel cable and charging 2 separate packs. Not to mention having 2 separate BMS operating in parallel and to be honest I dont know if thats feasable or will toast one or both of them.

1 Like

yeah basically think about it like you take a brand new honda and a 50 year old ford and connect their gas and oil from the engine then run them both at 99mph and see what happens.

1 Like

Well, I want to be able to fit a 12S10P or 12S9P. Under a bound motor deck. https://boundmotor.com/product/dropdown-skateboard-deck-sword/ That is the deck. I want to get around 35 miles on 7" AT wheels

1 Like