Murad I - Vanguard 42" Flex 2 | Caliber II 50 10" | Dual 6355 190KV | Whoosh boards mounts | 10S2P Sanyo 20700b | 2 x FOCBOX | 90mm ABEC 11

That’s awesome range! I might just start building the same thing next summer. Don’t know if I can get used to the belt noise and drag coming from hub motors though…

For this 22km ride I had battery max at 16A on each vesc so the power was just a bit underwhelming. 10s3p would be the sweet spot. it would probably give 30km of range for my weight with higher max batt amps, but then the build would be a bit more complicated.

Currently the battery is the bottleneck on this build, but I was aware of that before building it.

A few other observations. Flex 2 is really stiff compared to Flex 3, even for my weight it feels much different then riding a boosted v2 I didn’t expect it to be that stiff. 42" is also a bit too long for a deck.

1 Like

Congrats on this build!! mine was similar to this except i’m doing a single motor set up and i used the ownboard 10s2p 4.0ah battery. Right now, I am waiting for the flipsky vesc 6 to arrive. Originally i had the torque board vesc 4.12, but it was dead on arrival and they want me to pay to replace it and i am not happy with that. Hopefully everything goes okay with the flipsky fsesc 6. Can’t wait for it to arrive cause all i want to do is ride! i have never ridden an electric skateboard before.

I hear you. The return policy from torqueboards is really bad. I bought 2 of the VESC 4.12, didn’t even remove them from the packaging and they wouldn’t take them back. What does that say about their confidence in the product? Still trying to tell them brand new.

Now that I have about 60km on this board things are really changing… I LOVE IT!

I’m really appreciating the 42" long deck and the flex on it now, the riding dynamics are just great! I find myself preferring to ride this board over the brand new lacroix I just got.

1 Like

Jerry9800, how did your build go? I’m about to start something similar.

I’m 170lbs, and was going to do a setup with the 10s2p 4ah battery from ownboard and 6355 single motor.

if you’re done do you have any range data that you could share?

cheers, dp

The worst and only problem with my build are the motor mounts, had all sorts of problem with them. I’d try the dickyho mounts instead.

I rode about 22km once and still had a bit of juice left. Dual 6354, Focboxes, 16A max battery and 80A max motor current for each Focbox. I’m 225lbs and tall.

Power is good, probably better then a boosted stealth but nothing crazy because of the 16A battery max for each motor. It might be worth going 10s4p 30q or 10s3p Sannyo.

Hi SecrIT,

I finished my build, however, my battery is in for repair. I have only gotten to ride my board twice for a short period of time on my street outside of my house. I am itching to go on longer rides as soon as i get my battery back. Sent it off sept 14 and still waiting for it to be sent back :frowning: . sigh…

i’m 160 pounds and it seemed okay. I was afraid to go top speed on it lol. I felt like it did not accelerate as fast as i like, but speed seemed fine. Make sure you put some loctite on your clamp, cause mine started loosening after a very short ride. i did put loctite on my clamp, but i decided to only to not put loctite on one of the screws and that was the screw that went loose.

i can update you when i get my battery back.

Hey! I know this is an old thread but I didn’t want to make a new one for this… I am working on my first build and using the same Sanyo 20700b 10s2p battery on a one 6374 motor set up. Because it’s one motor, is it safe to put max battery amps at 30a? Thank you!

For the battery it’s safe. Even 32A is ok

Update to the build.

We are going through a harsh winter here in Toronto, Canada, so it’s building time. Finally upgraded my motor mounts from marcmt88’s mounts to Whoosh’s mounts. I haven’t ridden it yet but I’m very happy with the upgrade in terms of quality and design features. A lot of the problems I experienced are addressed with this design mounts.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting your build. Gives me inspiration to start upgrading my Meepo NLS. Pre-ordered a Focbox Unity and going to order a 10s2p Sanyo pack from Meepo as well.

I was really worry about the range on the 10s2p setup once I go for Torqueboard Direct drive or Belt motors once I get bored of the Meepo hub motors but my concerns are lifted due to your experiences. :+1::+1:

Do yourself a favor and at the very least get a 10s3p setup. The 10s2p is not going to be a smart choice unless you are building a very light, cruiser board for short distance travel.

If youre spending money on a unity, then might as well get a battery worth the quality of your other components.

If youre in the US, might want to get in touch with @hyperIon1 on a pack for your needs.

With a Sanyo 10s2p pack you will get more range, acceleration and speed compared to something like a boosted stealth for example and the build will be lighter than using a larger battery pack, it also allows you to use the cheap and nice metal enclosures from Wowgo/ownboard so there are good reasons to go with 10s2p. If he does get a Torqueboard DD a 10s2p battery would be a big bottle neck on the build tho.

I dont know for sure what I want motor wise in the future but I do know I want the following: Deck: Flex-y (NLS deck is pretty close to Loaded) Weight: <18lbs Speed: 26-30mph tops (42-48 km/h) Power: 15% hill climb @ atleast 15mph (25km/h) Range: 10 -12 miles (16-19km) Maintenance: Low to none

I weigh 165lbs so I think its pretty realistic i think… lol Basically like @gmurad I want this to eventually be a bit better than a boosted stealth in every aspect besides maybe the range. Which I have no problems with getting a 2nd battery to carry in bag for longer rides.

Hey any updates on how your battery is holding up and if you’ve rised the battery max over 16amp?

I rode the board again this month (first time this year) and I can’t tell any difference in the battery performance. Still getting 22km+. I kept battery max at 16A per motor (32A total).

There are new options this year tho if you are looking for a ready to go pack + enclosure from china.

Some examples here

Using the 10s2p 40T pack I linked above from meepo would make this build no longer be bottlenecked by the battery, however my concern is that range would go down significantly since I would set battery max to 30A for each VESC and I don’t want to get less then 20km range. It’s too bad because it would be a plug and play upgrade.

Here is a picture after I printed the Whooshboard mounts in PETG a while ago:

2 Likes