My 2nd Direct Drive similar to Carvon V4 - Gullwing sidewinder truck | 9055 HUB Motor

11 Likes

Sweet build! Your going heavy into DD huh? . Can you go into detail as to how you got the hub motors to fit the trucks and the process of getting the hub motor to adapt to the wheel hub?

1 Like

This hub motor has the different method to fix into the axle. I can not find such a hub motor these days.

You may find it helpful to refer to two pictures.

1 Like

Completion for testing.

6 Likes

I feel like your title is click bait, just say direct drive man. I would say it’s not similar because well your using 12pmm axle will snap on u motors have no steel sleeves. and adapters are not carvon, I just feel like it’s click bait just my two cents

Dude this is such a dope project…I thought your title was fine

I’m sorry if I felt that way. But my intention was to mention the idea because I got it from Carvon v4, not from my creation.

4 Likes

I think by mentioning Carvon you get real specific in the type of direct drive this is. Direct Drive could mean hub motor also but increasingly more and more people are calling gear drive trains DD which is causing confusion.

56 PM

44 PM

37 PM

9 Likes

I love what you have done here. How did you extend the axles of your gullwing hangers?

1 Like

I’m making extender adapter.

2 Likes

KakaoTalk_Photo_2018-06-10-10-59-21

9 Likes

I’m using mp83 hub motor

1 Like

2 Likes
4 Likes

Sick man! I was thinking to do kind of the same but attach the hub motor closer to Central of the truck. Could you tell me about the hubs you are using. How do they perform and which set up you have (battery ecc)… Thanks a lot!

Hi, I’m using MP83 HUB motor. Please refer to below link.

My board setting is 10S battery and ebay low price ESC for HUB motor.

1 Like

I know your Habs I was wondering which top speed and torque feeling you get out of it. I see you are using esc so probably the top speed is limited a bit

I aimed this board setting for low speed and flat riding. I feel the torque is definitely not good because of the large size wheels. Still, there is no problem with flat riding. I have not tried full accelerator yet. if i measure top speed, l will let you know.

1 Like

Hmmm maybe I could adapt this for normal urethane wheels for a better urethane experience