My batteries run out after about 500m

Lipo gets damaged beyond 2.7v point of no return. Permanent damage. You can use It to 3.3 or even 3v. Longevity is highly increased if you discharge to 3.7v but lipo has a short lifespan anyway. Long life or long range … Pick up a choice. The best choice is 3.7 but there’s nothing wrong on using them beyond that.

1 Like

I used to set my lipo cut off to 3.0v when I was racing because I didn’t care about the packs if it meant I won. Killed plenty of packs in my unsolicited attempts at glory. Didn’t win much either. 12 c is a bit low is it not for esk8?

1 Like

It seems most of us are fpv racers? What’s your best ever top speed?

Exactly. 3v/cell is way to low if you want to keep your lipos. Maybe the high-end lipos can handle it, but I can for sure say that cheap lipos of hobbyking definetly cant. Also. There is so little capacity to gain between 3.6v and 3v, that it makes abseloutely zero sense to risk brand new lipos for maybe 5% more capacity…

Cars dude. Forayed into drone racing but it was too expensive (I crashed a lot) so I moved into this cheap alternative.

2 Likes

Graphine should handle it but don’t quote me never used them before, my motto was alawys buy cheap turnigy lipos use them for mabye a few times and toss em

Damn the struggle is real but even if you crashed the car and the lipo Went for a nosedive it would still go poof anyways

You are right but i think wrong numbers. The discharge curve drops at 3.3v so i think 3.7 to 3v 5%+ capacity is underrated

One of my 3.0v forays ended up in a flaming finish line crossing. Killed a very expensive set up. I had a 6s truck short and implode during a bash session and it was this reason I went with li ion for esk8.

1 Like

Graphenes should be better, however I wouldnt trust them to 3v/cell. Might be better than the standard ones, but graphenes are also way more expensive to fuck up.

1 Like

What you mean is too expensive to f up and not more expensive to f up

Or you could’ve gone gas if that was legal near you lol.

Alright stop hijacking this poor man’s thread

I cant say for all lipos, but for a pair of mine turnigy flightmax its pretty accurate. Its for 3.6-3.5 to 3v though, not 3.7.

Flightmax Is made by zippy btw

You are right, its late here. Both made/sold by hobbyking tho

Umm… no. It’s a different battery chemistry which is substantially more volatile. It’s best to treat them like you would a bomb - set that cutoff voltage at 3.6/cell

1 Like

Well there basically the same there basically cousin’s

18650 can be just as dangerous as lipos, lipos puff and smoke but 18650 explode like grenades if the case is bad because 18650 don’t have space to expand

Just treat all lithium products with catuation

Sure, they’re cousins. But cousins are not the same. And for the longevity of the battery itself and future safety it’s best to charge and discharge within the range of 3.6 to 4.2 volts. With li-ion you can get away with a bit more, but it’s still a negative outcome in the long run when your batteries die early.

Again, lipos are substantially more dangerous and should be treated as such. This whole discussion is off topic.

@FirstTimeBuilder, multi star lipos have a bad reputation for lower discharge capability than advertised, and that’s probably why they run out so quickly. I highly advise buying graphene lipos or 30Q Lithium ion batteries.

3 Likes

And yet so many things used lipos without issues. Sry.

Don’t you dare talk back to your mother young man!!

2 Likes