My BMS just caught on fire while soldering. What did I do wrong?

How would I find out what resistor that is?

Get the color code rings off one of the good ones

$80 dollars for a BMS ?? …what? …are they dipped in gold? Geeeeezzz!! Now the poor @Taliesin just invested the same amount (2 units) as a full fledged Vesc!!

It’s an 80a bms $80 probably includes shipping and customs The bms it’s self should only be about $50 or $60

Still, the dang thing is nowadays the prime suspect for most Vesc related gremlins. :grimacing:

Been running mine for couple years now with not problems. I have the older style Bestech BMS

and also includes a power switch, replacing the need to have an anti spark switch. Then there is the DieBieMS that samau18 is selling that cost $120.

Gossip on the streets is that most Vesc-torch related issues point to these nasty temperamental fellows. :roll_eyes:

Guess I’ve been lucky cuz I haven’t torched a Vesc yet. Still running my old Ollin Vescs that I bought 2 or 3 years ago Note: I run BLDC mode unsensored with split PPM, 170-175kv on 10s. So I run as low risk as possible.

1 Like

It was $50 before shipping.

I ordered another one and I’ll just be more careful next time. Thanks for the help guys.