mY BUILD no pics yet

She is still a small dog, and does bite suppress, but not bite control. She never does anything mean. She just plays like a pup, at a year and a half.

When I got her, she was so skinny, that you couldnt tell what she was, except heavy chi. She still is skinny, just ripped. And radically athletic.

So even if she decided to play with you hard, she still cant do any real harm.

Which is good, as I wasnt supposed to have a pit mixed dog. She hides it well.

She is somehow a tad ferrel, as she was a stray, at four months old.

1 Like

OK, got on board and scared myself silly. And I was only going walking pace. So I found the problem with my truck adjustment. Back on, and going maybe ten now. I have the entire throttle left. Then I try brakes. They are monstrous. I think I had better trim them back. Do you guys feather the brakes with a terrified finger? They are at least twice too strong.

The wide trucks with riptides, are just what I hoped. The tires eat ruts. The board is absolutely silent. No squeeks, no rattles, no slop.

This thing will take a lot of getting used to, it is a monster. It will be a handful, while managing the pup too. Damn thing is so simple, it is hard to remember where all that cash went.

When I get used to the speed, going for short trips will be easy. Only been a mile so far, but I like the remote. There is endless torque, more speed than I will know what to do with.

Anything over ten mph, I will require helmet, and knee pads and elbows minimum.

These things are NUTZ,.

Went out today, tightened the bushings, tightened the motor mount bolts.

Went down a half mile gentle decline, and came back uphill. Not fast, but uphill. Motors and vesc heatsink were barely warmer than ambient.

Im sure I will tweak the parameters in vesc, but so far it is all solid, functional and over the top. Stayed relatively safe on all choices. Hardware and parts included.

Well, I am going to call this a wrap. I took the board for a few miles, and all uphill on the way home, and no heat. The tires were the only things warm at all. After maybe four miles, the battery gauge barely budged. I am starting to ease the brakes on, and will try to keep them strong. Got it up to around twenty mph, and no wobble, no wiggle, and no rattles etc.

Thanks to all that helped me determine what can be done, and what stuff to use. This board is as capable as the boutique boards.

250 vesc flipsky dual 110 enclosure 150 trucks 15" 250 wheels 35 bms 60 riptide bushings 45 board 160 motors

This thing blows away evolve, and most others too.

Good looking build

Thanks, I learned most of what I needed to get up to speed here.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I didnt go cookie cutter. So far it has ZERO style, no doo dads or flourishes, frit etc. But it zooms, has range, handles really well. And doesnt cut out, even with nonbypassed bms.

Batteries even though 10 amp sustained, handle my candyassed throttle with ease.

To add, the dog knawed the corner really bad, and a few other bite marks. So I will modify the shape slightly, and round the edge in a few places. Should look real nice and a bit custom. Then I will add medium grit clear abrasive, and get that clear on bare spots.

Then on top, and smaller on the bottom, I will have kid goku, riding the dragon.

image To add to add, I am considering, sanding the entire top flawless, and stain the background. Then replace clear.

2 Likes

Good luck!