I’m writing a “Danger manual” to go with my boards. If you aren’t in my head already, a danger manual is that stupid little booklet you throw away that’s filled with bad english and warnings. It comes with new products, and most people only use it to find a number to complain to.
My danger manual will be different.
I wanted something nice that won’t get thrown away, but instead left on the coffee table or laughed over with friends. I’m doing the whole thing myself and its going to be filled with angry squirrels and esk8 porn and illustrations.
but most importantly, it needs to cover the basics. So far, it covers the following information which is spread out across a few topical chapters:
- wearing a helmet and gear and where to get it if you’re clueless
- getting comfortable with your new board in private before going public and streeting a face.
- accelerating and braking, giving yourself room to stop, etc
- when riding in public, things to do and not do, etc, and also a lot of notes about minding animals.
- when riding at night, lights, visibility and awareness, etc
- general care and maintenance
- avoiding water
- charging and storage
- how to use the remote
- things to check before you ride, belts, bolts, all that shit
- how to behave when people react, a reminder that esk8s are still strange to others
- warranty and refund policy
- coping with jealousy
- a couple dozen pages of full color esk8 porn of actual customer builds
- info on parts and upgrades
- a reminder to enjoy yourself
So what i want to ask you guys is if there are any areas that i may not have mentioned that you think i probably should mention.
I’m probably going to send it to the printers this week.