My direct drive similar to carvon v4 - Trampa skate truck | Maytech 9055 60KV HUB Motor | eBay 4WD ESC

Machining point

1. Trampa Skate Truck(Some modifications)
  • 1’st => 10mm cutting aluminum.
  • 2nd => 4 angle machining for fixing HUB motors.
  1. Maytech 9055 HUB Motor(Some modifications)
  • 1’st => Extending inner hole 8mm to 9.5mm

Mounting for temporary testing. After testing, i will changing with double drop deck. SK8_1_IMG_1272

I will compare HUB motor heating test with gummy tire HUB motor and without gummy tire HUB motor Front Hub motor is with gummy tire and rear HUB motor is without gummy tire. Because of HUB motor heating test

I will adding block parts between HUB motor and Wheel.

Disassembling for extending inner hole 8mm to 9.5mm

Cutting aluminum around 10mm.

20 Likes

dude that sick, cant wait to hear more :star_struck:

3 Likes

After first riding, i felt that acceleration is not bad. I got some problem. Ebay ESC(for brushless motor) is not suitable for HUB motor. I must change ESC with Ebay 4WD ESC for HUB Motor.

16 Likes

Love how you realized the torque transfer between motor and hub - so DIY :heart_eyes:

Get VESCs - you will end up paying double otherwise. Learn from our mistakes

2 Likes

Are you planning to make a video riding it? It is so creative!

Great idea mate, do you have any dimensions of the Maytech motors stator?

Please refer to below link. I will change other deck(double drop deck) at next week.

7 Likes

I’m using normal HUB Motor(Maytech 9355 60KV). This HUB Motor stator has 8mm hole for normal longboard truck. So, i expanded inner hole 8mm to 9.5mm. Because Trampa truck is 9.5mm.

2 Likes

I was meaning that diameter and length of the stator. The part with the wire wrapped around it

I didn’t measure diameter and length of stator. If i disassemble HUB motor, i will measure that.

1 Like

Just idea for installing to Trampa spring turck. Wheel hub is Trampa 6 hole hub + 3D Printed HUB. Unfortunately some short. :frowning:

5 Likes

Nice mod man. Seems easy enough to do with basic tools. Did you use Dremel to modify your hanger? I might give this a try.

A good way to recommend thanks. If I go ahead, I’ll use the recommended method. :slight_smile:

All parts is arrived. Now it’s time to finish. :slight_smile:

IMG_1307

Ebay 4WD ESC for HUB Motor.

Good tourque

8 Likes

Completion of ESC mounting for testing.

6 Likes

IMG_1748IMG_1749IMG_1754IMG_1752

IMG_1750 IMG_1751

9 Likes

Glorious man :smiley:

This conversion seems super practical and could be applied so almost anything. Nice work! You may be onto something here.

1 Like

Hi, does anyone know can these hub motors handle burst current larger than 22 amps if cooling is not a problem?

IMG_1920IMG_1919IMG_1937IMG_1938

14 Likes