My Diy Spot Welder

Originally I had to spend $600 to buy a spot welder. This really saves a lot of money.

1 Like

Controller :4.26€ 8% OFF|Doppelpuls Encoder Punkts ch weißen Strom zeit Bedienfeld Zählung mit Spannungs kompensation Digital anzeige 100a/40a|spot welding|weld spotpulse spot welding - AliExpress

Transformer : 600W transformer out of a microwave

Case: amplifier case

2 Likes

I was looking at this

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-3510894382.51.4aef5797huwDxr&id=555866603139

it’s great! This will be easy to make.:+1::+1:

1 Like

has anyone had experience using this control board?

Did you ever end up buying this?

Nope, I just got a transformer and a timing circuit, Didnt even end up using that either

lol, my microwave fuse was shot so they ended up replacing the transformer and magnetron. (cause capitalism). so now i have a transformer in my lap, im gonna try and make it into a spot welder. you wanna sell me your timing circuit?

1 Like

Sure, let me find it

1 Like

Its this and my phone is dead so I cant take a pic

2 Likes

alright nvm. i’l just buy the whole set from aliexpress. thanks anyways.

1 Like

@MorrisHsu I know this is old but can you show the welding arms? How did you attach them together?

I dont know about others but I feel like there’s much more freedom and control when you have both electrodes in your hands

So no pen or arm

1 Like

Yeah but you need to have both pens set to a certain fixed distance from each other right? Or you just free hand both the arms and use the foot switch to weld?

Distance is not fixed, just close together

And yes

1 Like

This welder looks amazing.

How did you made the secondary part of the transformer? From what I see there is only one coil.