My favorite electric skateboard remote, what's yours?

Are u saying the whole transportation automotive industry is stupid? Pretty much all vehicles have different controls for throttle and brake.

4 Likes

zzoko be like

300px-Everyone_Is_Stupid_Except_Me_Alt

10 Likes

How old are you, actually lmao

What the other guys are saying is correct too, but I actually meant multile switched channels on the remote, as in thereā€™s a transistor switch and a relay switch to control two different functions.

I hate the way the Vx2 feels in the hand. Idk, for my hand size, the throttle is in a really weird spot. Iā€™ve heard good things about it and I just put one in my friends board, but I personally wouldnā€™t want to ride with it. Also, the throw on the vx1 and vx2 is way too small for the power that my board has

The price is very high, you gotta get it in a group buy

3 Likes

Ever driven a car? no really tho

Itā€™s not difficult at all to use a dual trigger remote. Itā€™s natural. Besides, the brake will always override the throttle, so you can always depend on it.

4 Likes

its not the same thing, you dont use a scroll wheel to brake in a car, which is the only viable trigger for this kind of function

1 Like

?? did you find the phantom kohmingulator yet?

3 Likes

1 Like

What do u mean itā€™s not the same thing? Its a vehicle, there is throttle and brake, one control for each. Its pretty much like a car / truck / busā€¦ whatever.

Or r u reinventing the automotive industry by introducing a thumb wheels that controls throttle and brake with one single spring loaded wheel thingy? Iā€™d like to see that happening in a real car driven by u

Donā€™t forget u still need to steer the wheel while controlling the thumb wheel, lets see that in action

3 Likes

thats why i said its not the same thing, while its practical to have the 2 in 1 function with scroll on a skateboard its not good enough for a car because you are in a 2000 pound metal box, but for a skateboard its more intuitive to have a wheel that u can keep your finger on at all time rather than a remote which has separate controls which is usually bigger in size, takes multiple fingers to do the exact same thing and increase the difficulty of changing speed mode with one hand only

Screw you guys im going home.

I mean theyā€™re equally intuitive. Itā€™s not like you can try it though since it wouldnā€™t work with a crappy lingyi esc lol

Gotta have that vesc flexibilityyy

Nah fam itā€™s easier. Especially when the board has real power to it, the tiny scrollwheel is too jerky to deal with. Having the two makes more sense. Iā€™ve always been a trigger can though, before the Maytech I had a GT2b mod

Thereā€™s still fun to be had though ooooh phantom kohmingulators

3 Likes

No cap homeslice is driving the short bus.

4 Likes

It still takes one finger to either press on the throttle or brake, its just a different finger for each action, u arenā€™t doing any mathematic equation or juggling 6 balls at a time. Unless u r telling me u r unable to control two different fingers while esk8ing?

1 Like

I use one finger per ball.

1 Like

id rather only one finger do the work, just whats the point of of using two if one can do it? so unecessary and while a lot of people say vesc flexiblity for remotes they pretty much have to be bigger to use separate acceleration and brakes, which is usually a rc style remote which even the smallest one are still bigger than the scroll wheel remotes

because itā€™s more accurate and much more throw

like weā€™ve been saying. Anyway, I think youā€™re overestimating how big this remote is lol

Not many ride around with RC remotes, thatā€™s why GT2b mods exist. Madmunkey is the one I used

3 Likes

Never change please

U rather not spend the money to get a decent esc, there is really no point of continuing, go back to reddit and hug them instead. This is a DIY forum that values different opinionsā€¦I think? U can stick with ur lingyi esc and be done with it, I suggest u try out the smallest lingyi esc remote, those are awesome for ur standard

3 Likes

By the time he gets to that point, we probably have autonomous self-flying pods already

4 Likes

Sounds exciting. Iā€™ll make sure mine has an EM drive on it too

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the phantom kohmingulators also, it helps the pod balancing and stop it from doing a barrel roll

4 Likes