Hi. This is my first post here but I’m really into e-skating for more than 2 years. Well, everything has started when I was riding my penny-style shortboard on the street without any lights. So that was the moment when i realized that I need some kind of lights on my board. But my knowledge of electronics was lower than the Ohm’s law. So I’ve made my lights after few months of youtube tutorials.
But then I thought about the motor on the board and I have dived into the e-skating.
I should mention that I am living in Russia, where there is no e-skates on the streets even today. I saw them 3 times maybe, not more. So it is really hard to get good esk8 hardware. So I’ve decided to DIY the board. Including the Deck, RX and TX units as well as Anti-spark. “For what reason?” - you may ask. I will answer: “Cheaper(that really matters for me) and they are much more customizable”.
So I’ve created my first deck and enclousure:
And ordered batteries, motor, motor mount and so on from AliExpress (because it is cheaper, and if you would add shipping cost from US, it is MUCH cheaper) When everything has arrived, I’ve started the building process. But electronics inside the enclusure was really messy:
And this is were everything has started because right after that 3 cheap esc’s were thrown away one after another After that I’ve stopped for a few months.
The 3rd generation started here: I’ve bought a VESC. Tried again. But this time my anti-spark switch based around BTS555 fired itself and I got tired from this messy electronics once again: So i decided to create the longer board that would be capable to fit bigger enclosure. However, this prototype was able to move me around for maybe half a mile or so.
And the 4th generation has started. New deck and enclousure: Much better cable-management and components mount: So this board is complete. It’s specs: Betteries: 4x HRB LiPo (5Ah, 3S, 25C) (10Ah; 6s in total) Motor: Chinese 5065 (270kv, 2.4 gear ratio, 1800w) ESC: VESC (Maytech) RX/TX: custom Anti-spark: custom BMS: no (but RX monitors the battery and balancers are installed)
But it still have another problem: RX-TX pair connection is really poor so I’m going to upgrade their radios.
That’s it. Over more than a year I have solved problems with my DIY Anti-spark, Deck and Custom RX-TX is also going to be overhauled right after I will pass my exams.
P.S: I hope that my grammar is satisfactory for you to read this text. I’m really sorry for my language.