My first build (VENOM BOARD) 12s4p 30q TB- dual 6374TB, D&B Contra deck drop down 38.5 x 10

First off I would like to give a special thanx to @mmaner, @Battosii, @Briman05, @Ackmanica, @johnnyMeduse, for helping me directly with a lot of noob question & or issues I encountered during my build & thank you to all of you guys on this forum for sharing your experience both bad & good & for sharing a lot of your knowledge…Soooo a little background in my esk8 journey…I purchased my first eboard back in 2015 (yunnec ego 1). At the time with no downhill boarding experience 13mph was “fast”:smile:… a couple years after that I wanted more so I started to look into production board & lacking the knowledge that I have now I purchased a couple of evolve boards for me & my son…:man_facepalming:t5:where I quickly learned that their packs were trash, during this experience I joined the forums & was able to find someone to upgraded my packs to 10s4p 30q & I added 200kv Motors which made a world of a different for the boards & I still use them til this day I also was able to get my hands a raptor 2 which is a really solid board with really good power…other than repairing a few spot welds, & bad solder joints on my modded evolve boards I have no prior mechanic experience with eboards…so I was inspired by a lot of your builds out there & I figured I’ll take the leap of faith & here I am today with the completion of my very first build…:raised_hands:t5: if you guys see anything I should change or any ideas other than what I have going please feel free to give your advice… :call_me_hand:t5:

-Motors- 2x 6374 TB 190kv sensored

-Motor plates- 2x custom from @marcmt88.

-Motor gear- 16T HTD5 15mm TB. Added (hard) 12.9 alloy steel grub.

-Deck- D&B Contra drop down 38.5 x 10 drop 1.125 9ply maple

-Trucks- evolve super carve (single kingpin) removed one arm for stability @ high speeds. Shields added to rear

-Pulley- 29t BoardBumpers, 32t evolve, 36t BoardBumpers, 38t evolve, 58t BoardBumpers

-Belts-D&D Power Drive, 350 5 15, 355 5 15, 415 belt on the way don’t yet have in hand.

-Wheels- 107s refly abec, 125mm gummies, 6.5 Trampa street tread.

-Remote- Nano x Enertion

-Vesc- 2x Focbox xt90 plug, 12awg lead wires, 5.5mm female bullet connectors, running in BLDC using @Ackmaniac vesc tool.

-Riser pads- 1/2inch not (spacer) for ride comfort & clearance.

-Battery/ Enclosure- 12s4p Samsung 30q TB, Enclosure reinforced with aluminum, clear plastic to cover opening, Velcro on charging Port.

-BT Module- Metr pro on the way… not in hand yet.

• Add ons- Truck shields (rear), shred lights (front), thunder bolt lights (rear), canbus cable, motor sensor extensions wire, clear grip tape, venom decals, x-things on the way not in hand yet, loom plastic wire cover (white), carbon fiber vinyl wrap on motors, stainless steel hardware on enclosure,photo I.d. cover on enclosure lcd, foam tape on top of battery to help deal with vibrations. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
29 Likes

Awesome job

3 Likes

Dude that board came out amazing

3 Likes

Thanx man and thanx again for your help…:call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Sorry Adam I input your user name wrong :man_facepalming:t4: Lol……@Battosaii

1 Like

Let me know if those plates are too big. If they are ill cut you another set that fit.

2 Likes

Ok will do thank you…:call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Hey man the board came out awesome.

1 Like

I’m floored. The detail is incredible. The white weave in the phase wires, individually, such a great idea. Awesome board.

3 Likes

Sexy :clap: A :clap: F :clap:!

1 Like

How do the supercarvers ride with the one arm removed?

Also how did you get the gummies to fit on the truck?

Beautiful build !

1 Like

I use them same way on one of modded evolve boards & once you remove one of the arms they become very stable… I used an super star hub adapter from Board bumpers… which allow the hubs to fit a regular size truck… https://www.boardbumpersshop.com/product-page/trampa-superstar-hub-bearing-adapter-set

2 Likes

That board is slamming. I just love it.

3 Likes

Thanx man it’s a beast to lol especially running in BLDC…

Hey so I have a question when I did the input wizard set up for the remote configuration… I made a mistake the 1st time and had the remote on slow mode… so I did it again but this time putting the remote on fast…but I don’t see a difference when switching modes do I have an slow- fast option or is it just one speed?? Or is there something else I need to do?

I think it is only one way I’m not sure if anyone can say different. I think since you ar doing it diy there is no fat or slow. I only did it once did you do the throttle mapping?

Yes I did the throttle mapping… I just thought maybe it automatically set the slow mode but I guess not… also on Battery current my bms is rated 60a continuous & 150a peak… would it be ok to set each focbox @ 35-40a?

I would set it to 30 max 12-15 regen

1 Like

Wow those venom trucks are pretty, it’s so skateboard style with the kingpin facing inwards rather than outwards non reversed. Nice battery bay too, would like to know the battery bay durability, I’m deciding on the battery bay which is the biggest headache for now, same drop deck, low clearance… your board is nicely done… nice decals too haahaa

1 Like