My First Electric Skateboard, Need Help and Advice(Aiming for board to be 30-40mph)

Where are you located? That way we can give suggestions for certain vendors.

1 Like

For those speeds u will need 12s bud… I am currently running 10s5p and it goes forever but tops at 30 if I’m lucky but will cruise just fine at 27mph… I’m also 215 lbs, so that’s also a factor

@Holyman92 You can’t get over 30mph on 10s? That would be very disappointing. Planning on 10s6 for my hummie deck. I’m about 200lb with my daybag

I’m 215lbs naked… and I can’t hit over 30

Motor size/kv ?

6374 190kv single drive… I’ll be upgrading in the next week or so to dual 6380s and 12s3p

1 Like

printing stencils right now for the new grip tape thanks to mmaner for the files

2 Likes

Damn, i want that might 10s6 range but i wanna be able to go 35ish…

Here are two builds that are in line with what you’re looking for. As you’ll read and might well be aware. 30-40mph is quick and can very easily end in serious injury or worse. These guys pad up and wear helmets. Not everyone agrees it’s a good idea but at those speeds you’ll wish you did if you arrive at ground level without. For batteries a 12s4p fits flat under those decks, I have a 10s5p under mine (fast enough for old me at 30mph) with big bms and dual focbox. I run 97mm abecs and there is enough clearance with 1/2 risers. 107s are lovely though and sixshooters even slicker.

3 Likes

Agreed… even at 27mph I wear a slide jacket, full face helm, compression slide shorts, and knee/shin guards… I have had my share of falls and believe me even at 27mph I have come out unscathed because of my gear…

there was an accident I had at 10mph that sent me flying like superman and skidding on my stomach with nothing more than a helmet… i couldn’t sleep on my stomach for a little over 2 weeks due to road rash… so be safe and don’t ride like a jack ass and always keep ur eyes peeled

1 Like

What I find amazing is, I stand possibly close to 7ft tall on a skateboard with a helmet on and still no one seems to be able to see me coming.

3 Likes

I’m 6’ 0" and 215lbs… I’m not a small guy and same issue

1 Like

United States, around DC

I’m sure others have/will warn you but keep in mind 40mph downhill on a known surface with nothing but your skill to worry about is one thing. 40mph on the flats with hugely varying terrain and surfaces with several mechanical and electrical systems that could effectively chuck you off at any point they feel like it is another situation all together.

4 Likes

With my Raptor 1 with 16/33t pullies and 107s I was about to do 35 in a tuck and I’m 300lbs. This is with an old 10s3p

1 Like

How was the torque on 10s3p with 16/33 on 107s?

2 Likes

It’s not bad still better than any single motor set up. It did cause my to eat up the battery life faster than 36t but it still felt fast.

2 Likes

I definitely reccommend 12s/ 190kv, I hit 35mph with 97mm wheels and 2.7:1 gear ratio. I still had a bit left on the throttle too, but I only weigh 60kg

Honestly once you reach a certain amount of power weight doesn’t affect top speed. I’m a heavy guy but my weight seems to affect low power board like the boosted. My buddy that weighs 100lbs less than me gets the same top speed on my board as I do he just gets there faster lol

2 Likes

anyone know the best way to contact @psychotiller? He hasn’t responded to my pms.