My first eskate build. Loaded vanguard, dual 6354 motors, Orangatang caguama 77a, Caliber II, 10s5p, Flipsky dual 4.20 plus

Hello esk8 community, I recently started working on my first esk8 build after many months of research on parts and compatibility. I’ve run into my first problem and I haven’t found a solution yet. I’ve been told that dual 6354/6355 motors will fit on caliber II trucks, but it does not seem like this is the case for my build. The motors either touch each other in the middle OR the motor mounts scrape the 36T pulley attached to the caguama wheel. There is no room! I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this. I’m open to any input anyone has to offer about my current problem or problems you can foresee in my parts. Thanks!

Current parts that I own for my build:

Deck: Loaded Vanguard 42" flex 2 Trucks: Caliber II 44 Motors: 2X Flipsky 6354 190kv 2450W Battery: Mboards.co 10s5p (they don’t sell it anymore), made with Samsung 30q 18650 cells Enclosure: 10S5P Battery and ESC 2 in 1 Enclosure with indicator and switch Remote 1: Flipsky 2.4Ghz Remote VX1 for DIY electric skateboard Remote 2: XCSOURCE 2.4GHz Motor mounts 1: Mboards.co premium motor mounts Motor mounts 2: Boardnamics caliber II motor mounts with idle tensioner VESC: Flipsky dual FSESC4.20 Plus (Based on VESC ) with Anodized Aluminum Heatsink Pulley: Mboards.co complete 36T Kegel Pulley System

IMG_6070 IMG_6072 IMG_6073 IMG_6074 IMG_6076 IMG_6077 IMG_6078 IMG_6079 IMG_6080 IMG_6081

5 Likes

Buy a ton of speed washers and use them to space the wheels farther apart, you get 1mm per washer per side

1 Like

Hey I don’t know if this is a typo but you said those batteries were Samsung 30Q from MBoards. I know he doesn’t make those in 10s5p, so I looked at the label and they 10Ah, meaning they are most likely Samsung 20R batteries. Just a heads up.

1 Like

I think you might have mounted the mounts the wrong way :stuck_out_tongue: Mine are mounted the other way. It’s TB218 trucks.

Try to mount them like this instead.

Thanks for the heads up! I remember messaging him and I vaguely remember him saying Samsung 30Q. Also, on the website the 10s4p he sells is made of Samsung 30Q so I was taking that as information too. What would be the difference if my 10s5p pack was 30Q vs 20R?

With the mount pictured, I was purposely rear mounting the motors. Are you saying I should mount the motors so that they point towards the middle of the deck rather than away?

Iv’e thought about this and I think it causes another problem. If I move the wheel further to the outside, doesn’t the outside bearing of the wheel no longer contact the smooth part of the truck. I think that the bearing would then be spinning on the part of the truck that has the threads for the nut. Is that a problem?

The problem is you are using 15mm pulleys. You should be using 12mm or 9mm. Meaning you’ll need to change the pulleys and belts. Simplest solution is mounting in dual diagonal configuration. Or buy 1 E-Caliber truck

1 Like

This. If you want to use 15mm pulleys the best solution would be to get an e-caliber truck.

1 Like

this looks very much like a rebranded diyeboards 10s5p (not that terrible but unlikely to be good cells)

1 Like

Exactly. Pretty sure that’s how the mounts are designed to be used.

Edit: and probably also because of 15mm belts like mentioned above

You’d be getting 10ah vs 15ah, so less range, and more voltage sag overall, which is where the acceleration will become more and more sluggish as the battery drains. It happens to all battery cells, but the 30Q manages to delay that better than other cells such as the 20R.

Nah, it’s not an issue is the bearing doesn’t rattle

How does facing the motor mounts the other way increase the real estate on the hanger?

Is there a 3d printable pulley that anybody recommends? 12mm and orangatang caguama compatible :slight_smile:

There’s a ton of 3D printable on thingverse, they will wear out after 100-200miles though. Really depends on what filament you plan on using to print

i believe they Are Samsung 22p and each cell is rated at 10amp meaning a lot of voltage sag.

1 Like

Buy e-caliber truck or 12mm pullys. Personally I’d go with the e-caliber solution.

Great budget build tho.

Thanks! That’s nice to hear. Is this a good place to buy the truck? https://longhairedboy.com/collections/all/products/genuine-caliber-e-184mm-50-degree-truck-with-47mm-extended-axles

1 Like

It’s the place indeed. @longhairedboy got you