My first project, some beginner questions

the sidewinders feel a lot like normal trucks, just more so (if that makes sense?). They lean and turn in much the same way, except you’re just going to be leaning and turning a hell of a lot more

the C7s, on the other hand, are completely unlike anything else. They also turn really easily (the reason i originally got them was because at the time i was too light to actually turn normal trucks, being a shrimpy pre-teen), but they don’t feel similar to other trucks. Most of your turning is coming from the front, so the board really dives into turns. Additionally, something about the way the hanger pivots makes the trucks bounce like nothing else. They’re really fun and lively trucks that you can just throw your weight into and thrash around. Most people can’t stand them but i absolutely adore them. If you get the chance to try them out you should

That being said, i don’t know how much of that is due to the fact that the front truck turns more than the back (something that can be easily achieved on other trucks by angling them or swapping your bushings) and how much is due to them actually being differently designed. However, the way they bounce around when you throw your weight into them is absolutely a carver thing

DISCLAIMER The Carver C7s were my first trucks and i rode them exclusively for like two or three years. I got everything else in the last year or so, so i naturally have a lot of fond memories with the carvers

Hmm maybe I should look into the carvers then. I currently have sidewinders on my board and I made them extremely loose because you know, who doesn’t love 90 degree turns! But the way you described the carvers makes me wanna try those out. I also have been missing my old Paris trucks though, so I’ll probably end up breaking down and getting those again (had them like 5 years ago but the board got stolen :cry: ) they turned great for being a single set of bushings unlike the sidewinders.

i’d say dont put carvers on your first esk8, they’re not as stable at the speeds you’re gonna be hitting. They’re fun, but impractical and expensive