My next motor upgrade

Someone help me source 4 of these with 8mm shafts

16 Likes

Which deck are we gonna put these on?

I think @pixelsilva board is big enough

3 Likes

I actually used to sell these motors at my former job. You could reach out to a few places but we sold Baldor, Leeson, Weg, Toshiba, and many other weird ones

1 Like

You’d need an inverter on the bottom of your board, and that would take up way to much room.

2 Likes

Ahaha you best start the battery pack build asap to run 4 of those off it @barajabali

1 Like

Yea i suppose you’re right. I just dont think there is room for that huge inverter…

3 Likes

I was thinking about picking up one of these 36 Mega watt batteries. Its been in my Ebay cart for days… Might have to put it in my backpack though.

4 Likes

And I thought my whisky was strong!! Lol

2 Likes

Will these fit the HobbyKing motor mount?

Planning on going dual, but need some help setting up the VESC.

2 Likes

All we gotta do is shrink this down to a vesc size controller http://www.instructables.com/id/200kW-AC-Motor-Controller-for-Electric-Car/

1 Like

I think you will need an adapter plate but it should work no problem

1 Like

Great, thanks. Will create a build thread as soon as these babies are here! Someone put thane on these to use as hubs and TAKE MY MONEY!

I don’t think a 4.10 can handle this one. You’re going to need a 4.12 at least, possibly with slight modifications.

i recommend the 60S1P 30Q pack, i can build you one. Go with a single drive and a 6 inch belt, and you’ll need the cocaine.

4 Likes

I think he’s already had some of that lol he’s probably off to saw a chunk out the closest pier for the deck!!

No way a 30q pack will be able to deliver enough amps!!! You definitely need a decent lipo setup for that. Maybe zippy flymax, some 6s in series?

Wonder if i can get them in red…

What kvs are there? Id prefer something like 170 for more torque

1 Like

@barajabali You’re trying for Guinness world record? Single charge around the world electric longboard :smiley:

1 Like

The Video shows 150 Amps idle current @480V i don’t think anyone would go far on it :smiley:

1 Like