My parents won't let me get an eboard

Do you skateboard regularly? They will be more accepting if the change is less significant

1 Like

ahhhh @Battosaii, come and visit us in Taipei…this is bike lane heaven…the smoothest surface, extra wide, …but yes also here there are some mighty fast bikers that make me feel I go backwards

1 Like

15 and agree it’s dangerous if you don’t act safely

Yeah I’ve been longboarding for 4 years

1 Like

My advice as a parent who has crazy adrenalin junkie kids is to approach it with the safety aspect first. Show them the gear you want to buy that can save your life. Show them helmets and pads etc then maybe they will see that you are taking the danger seriously and be more open to allowing the project. Also don’t go building yourself some rocket ship, just stick to a good safe first build that can get you from a to b.

1 Like

Small town, not a lot of cars, smooth roads (paved last summer)

1 Like

10 characters.

1 Like

Good idea, I’ve ridden my friends boosted board and they’re okay with that, my board only goes 3 over that

Design the board from parts so you can guilt them with the ‘I’m an engineer’ card? If you keep working on it then they might get used to it

Thing is all my money is in cash

Do it for a school project. Science fair baby! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They’re pretty smart, I’m in an engineering class so that could work

1 Like

Alright if you wanna know the secret to convincing parents its this

Wait till there drinkin Then ask them about it If they say no wait a litte bit Ask again If they yes order everything that night Then wait and wait Everything will show up and they will either be confused or just not care Build the board Enjoy the board Get addicted Build another And another

Its worked once or twice for me.

12 Likes

I did something along those lines too.

if im younger than you and i can get some stupid hardware and your 15 why cant you get some simple hardware?

1 Like

Might work for my dad but my mom is the one who needs convincing

2 Likes

No idea, must be a parent issue

“Dad said its ok”

Works every god damn time

3 Likes

I’m getting some insight into how I have been completely manipulated by my 11 y/o

11 Likes

Played that card to get an Xbox, I don’t think it’ll work twice

3 Likes

Say you’ll sell the xbox, parents love when kids don’t game

1 Like