this post is three parts-
- List of stuff sitting at my house
- List of stuff I think I will get
- !And Questions I Have! You can skip to section 3
I already made one but I think I want to make another. On the last one I just switched for 12s to 6s if someone else wanted to try it. I have some stuff laying around my house from my last build and just brainstorming here and would be grateful for any experience you could add to help me from learning the hard way.
--------List of Stuff sitting at my house -
* VESC and all the cables to go with it
* Programming Card Since the last one I made I didnt use the VESC
* ABEC 97mm Flywheels - These will be 20mm bigger than last build
* Drop Deck Longboard (99% sure this is not what I will use and will end up getting a different deck since nothing fits under there lol but I do need to find a deck that is stable at high speeds since my last one could go pretty fast and this one will probably go faster considering the larger motor/gearing ratio/wheels)
* Freeboard (seen some posts here with them put together but also 99% sure this will not be what I use… brainstorming)
* I have 2 - 12s 5000mah 50c lipos or in reality 4 6s totaling 10000 or more mah - plenty of energy to get me from my commute home to work and back. but they are long and BIG! but not too big i think aprox. 2.5"x2.5"x12"
* HiTec x4 ac Plus - This may not be relevant but maybe for someone really new or something * .080 Kydex for making an enclosure like this … I still cant find the exact brass screws though … the ones I have are cheaper looking thumb screws. and his are are 10-24 and mine are all 6-32 … hopefully being one size smaller they will still work as well.
---------List of Things I think I may be getting for this one- * Pulley kit - the Motor pulley is the same amount of teeth as the last one I made but the wheel pulley will be 36t instead of 39… not sure how much of a difference that will make but I have also considered getting more teeth on the motor pulley. * 6374 190kv Motor - on my last board I went from a high kv small motor that didnt have very much torque to a bigger motor with lower 190kv - so this is the same kv as the last just a hair longer though * Transmitter&Receiver - I tried 3 transmitters last time * ESC - Maybe I wont use my VESC that I have laying around… I will need to be spoon fed on getting the VESC to work because I am not good with those kind of things. * UBEC - it came already hooked up last time i ordered it with with the esc which was nice
First off thank you to everyone who helped me with my first board whether you know you helped me or not from direct information or from what you have posted! @torqueboards, @onloop @chaka, @psychotiller, @stealth71, @evoheyax, @ChuckhobbytownUSA, @lox897, @Mikeomania12, @laurnts ---------- Questions I have - First three Questions are all kind of the same question really 1.Suggested mount- I have read a dozen posts on the motor mount and I don’t want any of that headache. The loosening,Welding, Cracking, Breaking and everything else. I will buy whatever trucks/entire deck that will help me avoid motor mount problems. Every time I think i decided on a mount I read one more review or post that makes me reconsider. if I had to choose this very second it would maybe be @psychotiller 's but I wanted to ask for input on this first since I have a Big Battery and a Big Motor. 2. Suggested Trucks - for the mount 3. or suggested complete board with trucks and everything - for the mount 3. there is not a 6374 with a higher kv value on DIY site and although I probably wont use all the speed on flat or downhill my favorite thing is being able to carve UPHILL!!!! I LOVE IT! suggestions? 4. I have had several people ask me to build them one or one for their kid- any legal issues I should be worried about or anything/advice? 5. as you can tell I am wasting some money here with my lack of knowledge - what would you suggest to make my build better… and I am going to edit this soon after i start getting some feedback so the whole world doesn’t know how big of a n00b i am… unless you can talk me out of editing it …
THANK YOU ALL in advance