I’ve been building eboards for almost 2 years now, the level of dedication I put each one is crazy, a lot of effort and time, the quality of the workmanship had also been increasing on every new build, so I can say I’m no newbie but neither an expert, obliously.
I was riding my Trampa Street Carver this weekend and after riding through a brick road I started hearing sparks on my board, I was able to brake normally, remote command were still working, stepped down the board to see this horrible scene:
I’m really glad it didn’t happen on my 16th floor apartment with my baby sleeping next door or at my work with a lot of expensive cars around, fortunately nobody got injured and no property was dammaged, it happened on a bike path downtown, I even got help from the some City Hall officers
Nevertheless, I feel bummed and really sad. The level or impotence watching your board burn while there’s nothing you can do to stop, it’s just too much for your feelings, like watching a puppy crying for help and all you can do is watch him die slowly.
I’m still trying to figure out what the hell happened, I’ve been runing this board for 5 months 7 days a week.
I was hesitant to post this on a public forum as don’t want to be the guy responsible to banning the circulation of our beloved boards on public places, but most important I think we should all be aware of the dangers of batteries and learn from my experience to try to minimize this possibility to all you brothers.
The board was freaking bengala, I though lithium ion batteries were safer than lipos but when something goes wrong, these energy containers burn like gunpowder.
Btw my eboard didn’t have a fuse, I’m going to put one on all my boards, not sure it could have prevent it though
This is how I remember you, my most beloved eboard… RIP