Hey Everyone, This is my second Esk8 Build and my first time posting the entire build. My entire spending is about 1000 USD, but I already had some parts, which allowed me to have a budget of 800 USD.
I’m Going to start out by saying that there are a lot of things people will not agree with. Just to mention a few things - Having Double Kingping Trucks - Soldering to Li-Ion Cells instead of spot welding - Heck, even not just buying a prebuilt. The reason for many of these things is simply due to budget, preference, and wanting to get my hands dirty and have fun making it myself. I have done HOURS upon HOURS of reading to educate myself on the process and internal workings of skateboards, and after the trial and error of my first build (and crash), I think I am finally ready to get into the “big leagues” of DIY Esk8. (The reason I had my first crash was because My enclosure was not mounted properly and all my electronics fell out, went under my wheel, and I went flying).
This is a link to my PARTS LIST. Don’t be surprised if it changes, I am actually making a change as soon as I make this post.
Now To discuss the parts: (FYI I have not purchased anything yet)
- The deck is homemade with 3 plys of 1/4 inch Baltic birch plywood that I purchased from my local Ring’s End. I will post pictures tonight when I get home from sports. FYI, It is an exact copy of the Bamboo GT Deck, I love the look and design.
- The Trucks are going to be (as of right now) Gullwing Sidewinder II with the Evolve hangars
- The Motor Mounts are going to be the Evolve Ones (AORN)
- The Drive system is a cheapo from Ebay (link in parts list)
- The Motors will be 2 Racestar 200kv 5065 Motors
- The Electronics enclosure will be made out of either ABS or Kydex most likely.
- The Battery will be a 10s3p Samsung 25r pack
- There will be 2 TORQUE VESCs
If anyone has questions or improvements please leave them in the discussion below. I will be posting Pictures and Questions along the way, so please follow the discussion if you are willing to help or want to see the progress of my build.