Nano-X Remote Issues

For the price they ask it better be able to handle the cold… But I don’t have to explain this here I will tell them that.

Throw my name onto the list of those that had it bind once perfectly, then never again. @onloop have you been working on a software update that fixes this? I feel like your silence on this is a little concerning.

2 Likes

I moved the RX away from the VESC and issues are gone. I don’t know if that’s because of proximity to the VESC or if the connector cable needs to be straight (looped wire, induction effect?).

Maybe I’ll try to move it further away but honestly a remote with this much hype and “testing” should perform at least as well as the gt2b. I put the RX right where the receiver for the gt2b used to be. The first time I turned on the remote it worked with no problems so that tells me it shouldn’t be a proximity to the vesc thing or it wouldn’t have worked even the first time. All I ask is for some communication on this from @onloop on the issue.

1 Like

Also having troubles with the Nano-X binding. Have only got it to bind twice, after like a 100 tries. There seems to be an issue and would like the Nano-x folks to stand up and address this.

1. Email [email protected]
  2. Prove it’s faulty with video.
  3. New remote sent.

95% of people don’t have any issues. Any issues so far have been trivial or hard to pinpoint.

However, Will most likely remove the autobind function in next batch as it seems to be confusing folks or not working in some environments.

Going back to the manual method of using a binding pin seems a good option at this point.

2 Likes

I think most of the issue have been resolved with either moving the RX away from the VESC or replacing the RX > VESC lead. At least I have seen 4 or 5 posts that were resolved that way.

I might still be a good idea to make it more ‘dummy’ proof on future versions. Not that I am calling anyone a dummy, just a manufacturing term. I don’t really see a problem with this one as long as you have a decent RX lead and/or can move the RX to another location.

1 Like

I have a nano-x and at first it binded up really nice. But now that i have the space cell mounted to the board, the remote wont connect. I think something inside is just touching the reciever pins together but i never had this problem with the winning remote. On the two rides I took the board on the Nano-x didn’t disconnect while I was riding it. It just has auto binding problems.

@Funes There’s a million threads out there about this issue. Search…

Most people have found that either the RX lead is bad, the RX needs to be away from the VESC, or the tape on the bottom of the PCB is bridging pins.

I’ve tried all of that and still mine will not bind after the first time using it anyone else still having trouble?

You purchased a new RX lead, moved the RX at least 5 inches from the VESC and removed the tape from the bottom of the receiver (in the case)? If so then you need to contact @carl.1 about it.

1 Like

Remove the signal cable and try to connect the remote.

1 Like

Remove the signal cable? And how can you control the board then?

That would be very nice indeed. Any idea when this next batch will come?

This is just to check whether the Nano-x binds or not. If the Nano-x binds to its receiver w/o the signal cable then you know something is wrong with your signal cable and not the controller …

Of course you need to have all three of them plugged in for riding the board.

i used 5 different cables … i can assure you the problem is not from my cable . without the signal cable it will bimd every time anyway …

what would be a solution ? the tape from the receiver did nothing for me still cannot bind any other idea ?

Email [email protected]

@Bloop the problem with the binding issue i found that is the pin in the receiver are too thin, if you have a soldering gun just tin the pins to make them more thick and the problem will be resolve

1 Like

I noticed the same … that’s why I soldered the cable to the receiver.

I have the same Problem, in which order do you switch off the receiver and remote?