Need 10S BMS 40A w/ e-switch

Hey guys,

Need a 10S Li-Ion BMS with 40A discharge and an e-switch.

I am located in Berlin.

Cheers!

Bestech has an office in Germany.

Hohenfelder Street 22 Hamburg,Germany (Zip: 22087) Tel: +49 40 238 00 5388 Fax: +49 40 238 00 538 5

3 Likes

Cool I contacted them. Do you have any idea if they are also shipping from Germany or if its just a business office?

More importantly: Which of the Bestech do you recommend for my needs?

Thank you @Namasaki, youre always there to help :slight_smile:

You mentioned 40a, What are your size limitations?

I am thinking to go with this enclosure:

What I would like to fit in it:

• 10s2p made of 30q cells
  • FocBox
  • BMS
  • Nano remote receiver
  • And the usual like battery display, plug and an e-switch

Was hoping to have a BMS that has a e-switch built in for easier use and less money

I am saying 40A cause I’ll have 2p made of 30q cells so that should technically give me 40A discharge, but i’ll probably set it to 30 for longer life

The enclosure internal dimensions are 38mmx165mmx320mm your battery will be 18mm x 130mm x 180mm if you make 2 rows of 10 That leaves a space of 38 x 165 x 140 Focbox is 64 x 64 80a Bestech bms with E-switch is L120mmW80mmT25mm http://bestechpower.com/37v10spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D223V1.html According to the dimensions provided for all components everything should fit. You will save $40-$60 because you won’t have to buy an external E-switch and the Bestech built in E-switch is the most dependable judging from my own experience and the experience of others on the forum.

You control the current with the Focbox. Having a bms rated for double what you need means that it will run cool and easy. The next step down with a built in E-switch is 20a. not enough I highly recommend getting the Bestech with built in switch because of it’s dependability, cost saving and space saving.

1 Like

Let me/us know if you are able to order from the German office. Also living in Germany and thinking of replacing the BMS of my 10s4p pack, though I need a higher discharge (80 or 100).

1 Like

The Bestech handles 80a continuously and up to 200a peak

1 Like

More than enough. The 12s had adjustable parameters. Does that mean that the 12s version can be configured as a 10s BMS? Currently have a 10s4p pack, but I will most likely switch to 12s for my dual drive build down the road.

Are the balance leads etc included in the Bestech BMS? I can see the wires for the e-switch but nothing else

The bms does include balance harness with connectors to match the sockets on the bms

1 Like

The 12s version will not work with a 10s battery.

Ok, good to know. I will stick to simple lipo alarms to monitor voltage of each lipo cell during discharge instead of opting for a 12s BMS. Already have a balance charger. Monitoring would be simple. If it beeps, stop riding :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok i cant reach these guys … also emailed lucy as i have been reading you guys‘ posts.

are there any other ‚good‘ options that are available within europe or asia, and possibly have an e-switch?

Also for the bestech id still have to buy a simple e-switch right?

hey there- do you think i could also fit a 7s3p in the same enclosure? :slight_smile:

I think a 10s2p would be better than a 7s3p

1 Like

why do you think so? my reasoning is the following:

1. 7s3p should have more range than 10s2p. my brother prefers range over speed
  2. 3p means less voltage sag (based on the few calculations i did in this post New Single Build for my Brother - #47 by florensvb - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board )
  3. i want to order the bms and charger from alien because it saves me money and time, but they do not have 10s in stock and id have to wait for a month…

Range is determined by watt hours. 10s2p 20 cells 42.0 v x 6 ah = 252.0 wh 7s3p 21 cells 29.4 v x 9 ah = 264.6 wh The 7s has slightly higher watt hour but not enough to make a real difference. I would estimate about a half mile. As far as voltage sag, 10s2p 60a discharge 7s3p 90a discharge But at 7s you will draw more current than at 10s. so it’s a trade off. P=ie Power = current x voltage. 1000w / 29.4v = 34a 1000w / 42.0v = 23a

10s give close to the same range but will also provide extra power and speed if needed. 10s is much more common so it’s easier to find chargers bargain prices for 10s.

I would not suggest buying bms from Alien, Someone else on this forum bought one from them and it was not a Bestech and it did not come with instructions. In the end the buyer regretted buying it.

2 Likes

This is what Bestech answered me:

Hi Florens

Thanks for being interested in BesTech BMS.

Our Germany office do not have any stocks, you can buy from us directly.

Attached are the datasheet and quotation fry.

Kindly check.

* We have more than 30,000 different PCM/BMS designs, we cannot upload all to our site, please email us if you can not find what you need on our site.

Thanks With Best Regards

Miss Donna MOK (Sales Assistant)

That’s a shame. Thanks for trying.