[Need help AF] Drift-trike Vesctool ADC configuration

Hi. So first things first, sorry for the incoming potato english. Allright, i need you guys brain, I made a E-drift trike : IMG_20190316_175454 IMG_20190316_174331 IMG_20190316_175434 IMG_20190316_175402

And it’s working nice and smooth but in order to unlock more possibilites i decided to switch the E-bike ESC for a focbox. This is when things go bad… I wired up all three phase, sensors and everything, motor detection and settings went well but i got issue(s?) with the thumb throttle i’m using :frowning:

Because it’s a thumb throttle i’m using ADC control mode mode. So i fellowed these instructions --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpeA6QRTZg8 But when i go to the mapping tab i see this : https://gfycat.com/ShallowOnlyHackee No matter how hard i wiggle the throttle.

Using a multimeter i checked all my voltages, I got my 0/+5V between the black/red wire and voltage variation between one of these two cables and the signal/ppm wire when i move the joystick.

So looks everything’s fine so why TF vesc tool’s struggling to read a voltage !!!??

I allready asked esk8.fr on FB/Forum. Spent 2 full days trying to make it happend but now I’m really out of solutions so if you guys have some ideas, that’s would be awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading me

i suspect there is something wrong with your controller?

Hey @meesie thanks for helping me. I spent the whole day continuing to search and test stuff and possible solution.

On the UART port of my 'box and on some videos i noticed there is a ADC2 pin all the way to the top of the slot. So using the +3.3 / ground pins of the same port i plugged the signal wire to this pin. AND IT WORKED !!! IT WOR - FUC***- KED !!!

Insert Happy dance.gif here

Calibration went fine, the throttle’s working like a charm. Wow you can’t imagine how hard i tried to achive this.

Now my problem is some “ABS_over_current_fault_code” I have to work on that…

1 Like

When does it throw the fault code? When doing motor detection or when you throttle up?

Throttle up, even so slightly… weird.

Some tweaking later (raising up current absolut max) BOOM, a perfectly working drift trike !