Need help urgently

get a few belts, if on a budget just get 2 or 3.

this is what i would do. Make the hanger smoother/rounder where is has been grinding.

Could this be fixed by getting a gear set that’s specifically for caliber style trucks?

It sounds like you need a spacer between the pulley and the truck. You may actually have a truck with to short of a axel.

Another option is to get a pressfit wheel pulley with integrated bearing.

1 Like

Quite possibly. There are a LOT of different pulley designs, some with extra bearings, some not, some that press in, some with screws, etc, that work with certain wheel designs but not others. Make sure if you go this route that you pick one that matches your wheel type.

Yeah, I think if he files the hanger down, problem solved. Just hate to see that much material taken off.

2 Likes

It looks like most of the wear is on the OD of the axle, not on the face.

I am running an ABEC wheel, any recommendations for what gear set I should go with? I’m not entirely sure what to go with that would work.

Go looking around, just make sure the seller states explicitly that it fits Abec-style wheels.

1 Like

What is your desired budget?

I’m already $1200 into this board so…

No more than $50?

https:///collections/drive-wheel-pulleys/products/40t-15mm-abec-drive-wheel-pulley

2 Likes

Ahh ok. So the pulley inner diameter needs to be bigger. I actually had this problem about a month ago. I took a dremel and grinded the inner part if the pulley until it wasn’t rubbing over the hanger. You could also grind down the hangers outer diameter instead. I chose not to go that route since I didn’t want my hanger to look like shit.

3 Likes

Well…I appreciate all your help guys and hopefully can figure this shit out… if I can get a video tomorrow I’ll try to.

Yup, either route gets him there, but I would sacrifice the pulley over the hanger. I just question how much slop he’s getting from the current bolt setup.

The only reason there’s only 3 bolts and not six is because when all six were in the wheel straight up would not spin at all while on the axel

You can tell by the pic of the inside pulley that it is rubbing on the hanger. You need to make it larger.

also these but i am not about their quality. @BillGordon?

@chatherton99 and these are a good option too

1 Like

Do you have a dremel?