Need help with motor selection

well either motor will be fine. you can run 6s or 10s on either one. Obviously 10s will get you going a lot faster but if you want to hit 23 mph 6s on the 213kv on a 16:36 ratio will do you just fine. Youre light so you dont need much reduction.

If you want to go with Lipo’s theyre alot cheaper, for 6s go with http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-6S1P-22-2V-10000mAh-25C-Lipo-RC-Battery-Deans-Plug-RC-Helicopter-/162006486054?hash=item25b856cc26:g:~X4AAOSwP~tW5mRY (cheaper)

or a Zippy battery. would be fine too.

honestly you can use whatever battery you want. stay between a minimum of 10C (discharge rate) and like 35 C.

you want at least 6s. and maybe 8-10 Amp hours.

this will help you make your lipos slim and opens the opportunity to different size lipo packs ( i did this with multistar Lipos)

Ok perfect thanks i think the 6s will do although i do want the 10s due to the speed they are just to expensive and have too little mAh for their price. What does the ratio you mentioned mean exactly? Gearing?

Well the higher voltage you go. The more expensive things get.

If you’re using the 120 amp FVT car esc then 6s is your max. If this is your first build I’d stick to 6s and you can judge for yourself where you want to go from there in the future.

The gearing ratio is a 36 T (tooth) whee pulley and a 16t (tooth) motor drive pulley.

Just buy this kit It’s got everything you need in terms of that product/single-bolt-on-motor-mount-with-drive-wheel-kit/

You’ll need some caliber trucks and some abec clone 83mm wheels.

I got trucks deck and wheels so im good with that i hope paris trucks will work. What is the difference between esc and vesc because i was looking at enertions vesc.

okay if and when you order from @torqueboards make sure you buy the paris truck adapter and not the caliber one. and an ESC is an Electronic Speed Control. A V-ESC is Vedders- Electronic Speed Control. it is a custom E-board ESC as oppsed to other ESC’s which are designed mostly for cars.

do a simple search in the search bar for VESC youll find a lot of info

Ok good to know. And when you were talking about the gearing should i get one from enertion like this one http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/12mm-wide-pulley-drive-hub-kit/ or a different site. If so how do i know whether to get 12 or 9mm.

yea Enertion is a great place to buy from too. since youre doing a single motor setup. 12mm is going to be better than 9mm for power transfer. That exact link you sent me is perfect for what you need. but you still need a motor mount, and im pretty sure Enertion doesnt sell a mount for paris trucks. so that youll need to buy from diyelectricskateboard. you can buy the mount alone without the pulleys. I also have a spare Paris bolt on mount in black that i can sell you.

How much are you selling the mount for and what is it made out of?

product/single-bolt-on-motor-mount-only/

I have this one in Black, its aluminum. ill sell it for 55 plus shipping.

Do you live in the US?

Yes Chicago, IL

20 characters

Ok good to know. Just wondering what is the mAh and discharge rate of your battery and how much range do you get with it?

I don’t use 6s anymore. But I used to run 6s 10000mah or 10 amp hour. (Ah) 25c

What is your current battery setup?

I have 4 different board with twice as many batteries lol. I have a lot of different setups. But my favorite is 10s 12500mah.

Where and how much was that battery?

I make all of my own batteries. This specific one is an 18650 battery.

I make lipo and liion batteries.

Do you sell them?

20 Characters

As i add more kv to this calculator i get a higher speed so im thinking of moving up Kv because more speed and its cheaper but somehow i think this isnt a great option. And obviously when i move to 10s the speed increases greatly. But i am reconsidering motor Kv.

I don’t sell batteries or anything for that matter just extra things I have and don’t use.

If you want me to tell u what to do, just get a 213kv motor it’s like 70 bucks. And go with a 16:36 ratio you’ll go plenty fast on 6s.

10s is good too but more expensive you’d need a capable esc and battery